Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stud service Aberdeenshire  (Read 2299 times)

Pinecooler

• Joined Feb 2010
Stud service Aberdeenshire
« on: September 14, 2016, 07:24:54 am »
Does anyone in Aberdeenshire offer a stud service?
I currently have a Billy but am going to have to get rid of him as he's proving a bit too difficult to handle and my kids can no longer play with the goats as he's proving too rough.
I currently have 1 saanan type and 1 toggenburg type, and am about to get a couple of Nubians so the breed of stud isnt hugely important. Nubian would be good as they will be pure bred.

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
Re: Stud service Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 07:49:30 am »
Yes there are few- currently compiling stud list for grampian goat club(£6 annual membership, Also anyone want to put their male on it there is sill time pm me asap) - . Also Scottish Goat keepers Federation(£6 annual membership) one will be out soon as well, (covers larger area) All are registered breeds and cae tested so most people only accept cae tested females, some people able to board females, Often a stud fee is charged or boarding fee sometimes like £30 but it depends. Nearest AN is Perth / Inverness /Falkirk .Aberdeenshhire- 2 x British Saanen( peterhead / Westhill), 3 XToggenburg Dunecht, British Alpine Pygmy (Stonehaven) in Aberdeenshire. Some people have boer males. Dundee- British Toggenburg, British Saanen. I can pm you details of contacts
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:23:43 am by Talana »

nessyt

• Joined Sep 2016
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:27:01 pm »
Hi,
sorry to hijack your post just wondered how you join the Grampian Goat Club. I live in Aberdeenshire and want to start a small herd of milking goats, would like to get lots of information of breeders etc. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:04:25 pm by nessyt »

Pinecooler

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 12:41:09 pm »
Hi Nessyt,

I was about to ask the same question as I'd emailed the gmail account listed on the website but not heard anything back yet.

Talana,

can you offer any info on this? I appreciate people do this in their spare time therefore not wanting to seem critical. I just want to make sure I have the right contact details.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 04:38:02 pm »
You are bst to send Fiona (Talana) a personal message through the forum.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 05:10:07 pm »
The AGM for Grampian goat club is coming up at the end of October. I believe there was a post about it on the goatie friends Facebook page and I can't remember the date off hand. Do come a long and meet people, you don't need to have any goats yet  :)
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 07:24:28 pm »
Sorry I think the secretary's email is playing up just now,The Grampian Goat Club AGM will be held on Saturday 29 October 2016 in the Linden Centre Basement, Huntly, starting at 1 pm. All welcome. If you pm me your email I'll send you a membership form  either take it with you to the AGM if your able to come or post to the address on the form. Autumn newsletter is available now  so I'll email that or post if preferred. Although  we have to do the agm part we will get thru it asap so  time for goaty chat! Also bring ideas for perhalps future seminar or something else

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 08:40:35 pm »
Hi pinecooler and nessyt I hopefully have sent you member/ newsletter, if not let me know.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS