Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ferreting permission wanted please... Within a couple of hours of Monmouth.  (Read 3406 times)

Mustelid

• Joined Mar 2013
Dear forum members,

I've recently cleared a local small holding of rabbits that were doing considerable damage to the owners fledgling vegetable plots. If any forum members have a rabbit problem and would like someone to use traditional methods of control, please drop me a message. I tend to use ferrets and nets in the winter months, though I can also undertake rabbit control throughout the year. I'm also happy to take care of rat problems.

I'm based on the Monmouthshire/Herefordshire border and I would consider travelling if there are sufficient rabbits.

References can be supplied and I'm a school teacher by trade, so very respectable...!

Kind regards,
Gavin.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 08:45:14 am by Gavin Sinkowski »

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Re: Ferreting permission wanted please...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:41:45 am »
putting location in subject line would be useful
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Mustelid

• Joined Mar 2013
Re: Ferreting permission wanted please... Within a couple of hours of Monmouth.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 08:45:48 am »
Good point... Now done. Thank you.

Mustelid

• Joined Mar 2013
Re: Ferreting permission wanted please... Within a couple of hours of Monmouth.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 06:37:05 pm »
Still looking...

Mustelid

• Joined Mar 2013
Thought I would bump this post back up.

Mustelid

• Joined Mar 2013
Still looking... Happy to travel.

Charlie1234

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Powys
I have some contacts around ross on wye,newent,gorsley areas will try to find their details and let you know mate. :thumbsup:

Not good ferreting this time of year mate as they will be in young or have young underground and you will be spoiling your winter sport and you may end up having to dig down to get your stinker back.

Spent years ferreting and some places I had to dig 8 - 10 ft to get the ferret out.
5 Dogs,5 cats,40 chickens,2badger faced sheep + a full freezer

Mustelid

• Joined Mar 2013
I have some contacts around ross on wye,newent,gorsley areas will try to find their details and let you know mate. :thumbsup:

Not good ferreting this time of year mate as they will be in young or have young underground and you will be spoiling your winter sport and you may end up having to dig down to get your stinker back.

Spent years ferreting and some places I had to dig 8 - 10 ft to get the ferret out.

That would be fantastic, thank you. Yes, I've finished ferreting until September now except for a few large gardens that I take care of on a pest control basis. If anyone does have a rabbit problem though I'm happy to use other methods of control throughout the summer.

Thanks again,
Gavin.

arobertson71

• Joined Apr 2017
Gavin,

I have a rabbit problem that needs addressing. Between my neighbour and I 10 acres to clear. No shortage of Rabbits. Mixed garden / agricultural. Between Abergavenny and Pontypool.

If you contact me directly we could discuss.

Angus

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS