Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Billy Rag Wanted - Newburgh, Aberdeenshire  (Read 2040 times)

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
Billy Rag Wanted - Newburgh, Aberdeenshire
« on: August 22, 2016, 10:15:07 am »
Hi everyone.  Can anyone in Aberdeenshire supply me with a billy rag, please?  I can collect most days/times.

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
Re: Billy Rag Wanted - Newburgh, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 01:24:32 pm »
My adult male stinks so could help you out with that if you are passing through Dunecht, or Lyn still has her male if she's nearer you.

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:42:50 pm »
Ah didn't realise Lynn had kept a billy! I'll give her a call.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 01:16:23 am »
When are you thinking of breeding?  March is soon enough for us, otherwise babies wouldn't see outside till then. So we don't mate until October, preferably late.

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 11:38:09 am »
Was thinking of taking goats to billy about the third week of September, then collecting them mid October.  So kids would be due end of February.  Do you think that's too early?

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 02:33:05 pm »
No, wouldn't be, they tend to inside to start with anyway. It just depends on when they come into season and individual goat keepers preference what suits them and their facilities best. I aim to kid Feb so kiddings done before we lamb mid march, so I have hurdles and settled into routine, and kids are bigger and ready to eat greens when they grow and had vaccine and more robust if pick up worms.But it doesn't always go to plan, - last year none of mine came into season til half thru october /November, despite billy rags my own male giving them a chase, I think need blustery /colder weather. If waiting for grass it didn't grow til first week of june this year! where I am. Hopefully next year will be better. The earliest I've had kids has been last week of Jan.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:45:30 pm by Talana »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS