Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: really good week!  (Read 1403 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
really good week!
« on: August 21, 2016, 12:34:42 am »
so today my dad and I went to see a guy in gloucester and we have purchased a really good ram. He is in the top 5% and he is the son of a champion Lleyn tup from Exeter, a year or two back. Really happy with the purchase :) Also really good news I may just have sold my homebred shearling ram to a guy up the road, plus a friend is going to buy my previous stock tup to this new one I am bringing in. Also I have a dealer coming on sunday to buy my ram lambs, dont worry I wont let him haggle me below the current mart prices. Really exciting times!
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: really good week!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 08:18:47 am »
I was wondering how you had got on so thanks for the update!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: really good week!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 08:56:23 pm »
well my joyous week didn't last, I had a feeling something would go wrong. The guy who is supposed to have the shearling ram hasn't got back to me, he said he would ring to arrange a visit, he hasn't; I then texted him and he hasn't replied, I fear it may be another timewaster. All the time I have to keep my shearling ram indoors away from my ewes as he knows where to escape, its like fort knox here! I really need him gone, as he wants to cause mischief and I just can't take it anymore :'( Does anyone know someone who needs a ram to work immediately?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS