Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A little rant here  (Read 1802 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
A little rant here
« on: August 18, 2016, 04:49:15 pm »
Ok So I am looking to buy in a new ram, I am in touch with a top breeder, they say here are some and their details to check out on Basco. I try using the basco website and only get as far as the breeder, it won't let me do anything! Who invented this piece of rubbish?! Sorry for the language but it is so annoying me off right atm. I have had to email the guy and ask for the 2 rams, that I am interested in, EBV's. I wish they would design the website a bit better, make it easier for everyone concerned. OK rant over now :-[
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:06:59 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: A little rant here
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:44:05 pm »
Surely it's up to the breeder to make sure they are using a useable site?  I would try a different breeder who has time to deal with your enquiry individually.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:52:34 pm »
Surely it's up to the breeder to make sure they are using a useable site?  I would try a different breeder who has time to deal with your enquiry individually.

The breeders flock and EBV's will all be on BASCO so it is perfectly acceptable for them to point people in that direction.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 06:57:33 pm »
[member=42855]waterbuffalofarmer[/member] I assume you are clicking on sheep search on the top menu bar, then choosing the breed? Then click ebv search put in flock name and you should get all the details up. I have just tested in and it was fine.  :fc:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 07:11:53 pm »
[member=42855]waterbuffalofarmer[/member] I assume you are clicking on sheep search on the top menu bar, then choosing the breed? Then click ebv search put in flock name and you should get all the details up. I have just tested in and it was fine.  :fc:
Yea I tested it and it only works with some breeders
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 07:21:42 pm »
What's the flock name and breed and I'll try it. Computers!!!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 07:58:19 pm »
flock name is either Macaroni farm or Macaroni Lleyn. Breed is Lleyn

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 08:37:53 pm »
The page comes up fine for me.

If you know what rams you would like to look at I could try to copy and paste to you.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 11:05:32 pm »
Thanks [member=24672]harmony[/member]  but I am going to see them, hopefully, on saturday (all being well). Try and source a really good ram before they go off to the sales! :excited:
Thanks for all your help guys and especially [member=24672]harmony[/member] , always a pleasure to talk to you all and sorry about the rant, I really should control my language! :o Hang on I'll edit the origional post, if my mother saw it she would be shocked :o
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:08:01 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS