Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Just to brag  (Read 2579 times)

DODx

• Joined May 2016
  • South lanarkshire
Just to brag
« on: August 14, 2016, 12:32:32 am »
Okay so with all the questions, advice and sometimes quite scary posts it's nice to have a wee light hearted thing in between..

So this is just to brag, I knew nothing about goats when I first got my twins and they have taught me so much and I'm so proud of the little characters they have become! We learned together and whatever reasons you keep yours for be it meat, milk or my personal reason - pets, there is one thing you can't deny...it's impossible to not fall in love with these little beings.

So here's my cheesy post. Just want to say I couldn't be happier with how gentle, loving, smart and well behaved these best wee dudes have turned out  :love:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: Just to brag
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 01:16:09 am »
Well, got to 'like' that post  ;D'

Zoobec

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 09:43:27 am »
Lovely post, and great photos. Mine are most definitely pets, I've gone through a lot with them but they are worth it, I couldn't imagine life without goats now.

DODx

• Joined May 2016
  • South lanarkshire
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 01:43:29 pm »
Thanks guys :)

Oh so definitely worth it zoobec! One of the best decisions I've ever made x

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 09:23:55 pm »
 :love:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 12:19:21 am »
DODx. I suspect it's a bit late now to warn you that goats are addictive.  :innocent:

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 08:14:23 am »
Our Pygmies arrived in 2000, Sparky and Mickey. Now long gone but not forgot. Your pictures reminded me of them as they looked very similar. Now proud keeper of a dozen Angoras. As The Mad Goatwoman says......

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 07:02:04 pm »
This is great to read (and see the pictures).  For the first week or so with my goats, I just could not relax because I'd read so many forum and Facebook posts regarding goat problems.  I kept thinking I'd walk out to the goat shed to find them ill or injured - or maybe not find them at all if they'd escaped.  Not to mention a Youtube video of goats jumping all over a car!  That really gave me nightmares!  I don't want to get complacent but I am happy to report being much more relaxed  :relief:

Absolutely people should take to the internet for tips or reassurance from more experienced folk if they are concerned - and of course seek professional help from a vet when necessary.  But people seldom write about the times when things are simply ticking over nicely or they've hit a well earned milestone so I totally welcome your bragging  :love:

DODx

• Joined May 2016
  • South lanarkshire
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 12:25:17 pm »
Oh god I know, I am under my boyfriends strict supervision when browsing pre loved etc aha.
Also forgot to mention mojocafa thank you so much for these absolute little delights in my life.
I don't think you ever forget such little characters pharnorth!
And Isla I must admit my two did jump on my car when they were younger haha but it was a banger that I had at them time so I wasn't as bothered however did train them out of it just incase it wasn't my car they chose next time!
There was a few escape attempts when they first arrived but now will not go more than 2ft from me and are always stuck by my side so don't need to worry about them being out of site either lol x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS