Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking for our first pygmys Aberdeenshire  (Read 3644 times)

Leanne84

• Joined Aug 2016
Looking for our first pygmys Aberdeenshire
« on: August 06, 2016, 07:31:49 pm »
Hey everyone

I was wondering if anyone knew of any pygmy goats for sale I'm in Aberdeenshire. Have had a look at Brucklay etc. I know the rare breeds is coming up in September but in case I don't get lucky there.
Thanks

Zoobec

• Joined Jul 2013
Re: Looking for our first pygmys Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 07:01:48 pm »
Have you tried the Pygmy goat club website? There's a list of breeders on there by area.  Also there is a Facebook selling site for registered Pygmy goats. Preloved may be worth a look, especially if you don't necessarily need a registered Pygmy goat. Hope you find some.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 07:26:48 pm »
Try Brucklay on here; Claire breeds lovely wee goats.

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 07:59:26 pm »
There's loads of pygmys in aberdeenshire ! As others said the ones I know well - Brucklay pygmy goats (perth) There's also another couple of breeders Perth area on here I'll probably see one of them next week at forfar. Craigie Pygmy goats, Methlick, the strachans aucterless,( Ollamens at Fraserburgh- scottish pygmy goat rep.) Kim Falaconer, Dundee. Agnes, stonehaven Should see some of them at Tarland Show on Saturday and at Forfar Mart goat shows the following weekend. Can ask around for you. Although they seem to sell quickly. Most goats are sold privately. Most pygmy goat breeders leave them horned but if you prefer them disbudded Agnes Stonehaven( will see her next week) and Hamish Perth the ones to book stock off for disbudded pygmys
Good luck in your quest.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 10:34:42 pm »
Hi Leanne, most pygmy breeders kid between January and March/April so most if not all kids are away by this time of year. I have moved from Aberdeenshire to just south of the Aberdeenshire/Perthshire border but unfortunately for shopping, not Perth :)
If your looking for registered pygmy's try out the breeders list at
http://www.pygmygoatclub.org.uk/index.php/contact2/breeders-list sorry to say I don't know of any for sale.

and there are also breeders of non registered pygmys, it depends on which route you would like to take ie to breed or as pets - good luck with you hunt
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS