Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1480 times)

Ollyh

• Joined Jul 2016
Hi everyone
« on: July 28, 2016, 06:26:43 am »
Joined the forum a few days ago and have been busy reading the encyclopedia of information on here, amazing!

I'm currently London based but am looking for a small holding in the south west. Hoping for about five acres for chooks pigs and maybe a goat (I like their sense of humour), and some sort of holiday business.

Just a first question, how long did it take people to find their land? Seems there's little (apart from AOC propertirs, but not getting involoved with that) out there and when they come up they go really quick!

Anyway nice to meet you all

Olly

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 09:50:48 am »
Hello, Olly, welcome to the forum. There are plenty of properties with land down here but very pricey. Though if you're selling a property "up Lunnon" you'll be o.k.
Would you like me to keep my eyes and ears open?

TheSmilingSheep

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 10:45:08 am »
 :wave:
Hello Olly,
We escaped from London 4 years ago - to wonderful Devon.  Never regretted it for a second!  From the time of our decision to move we had a three year time scale in mind, but were prepared to move rapidly if the right property came along.... It took us the three years.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 03:17:02 pm »
Hi [member=162585]Ollyh[/member]  Nice to see new faces on here, glad you enjoyed the info, plenty more from where that came from :) I hope you find a place soon and we look forward to hearing from you in the future :thumbsup: and please feel free to ask anything you would like to know :D
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 04:41:17 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum. We moved from Hampshire to Carmarthenshire 4.5 years ago. IT took us about a year to find our property
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Ollyh

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 09:57:49 pm »
Hi, thanks for the replies, I guess that it might take me a little longer than I was hoping to make the transition!

Devonlady, I'm registered with a whole load of agents, but it would be great if you could keep an ear open for anything, local knowledge and all that!

Olly

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 09:24:28 pm »
Like Smiling Sheep, we move to the west country from greater London just over 4 years ago. We had been thinking about it for years but it took a year of active looking before we found the right combination of house, land and location.(Mind you, my husband is very fussy when it comes to location).

We found the best estate agent was GTH (Greenslade Taylor Hunt). They really know about land and what it can, and cannot, be used for. Their prices are realistic and their staff helpful and friendly. Having said that, it is worth looking at lots of different properties to work out what is really important to you. Prime Location is quite good for smallholdings because you can enter "acres" as one of your search fields. Also, Rural Scene.

Good luck and let us know when you have somewhere.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS