Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Beware of skype, peoples!  (Read 2190 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Beware of skype, peoples!
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:02:35 pm »
So last year I created a Skype account to talk to friends who I know quite well, lovely people really. A few days ago someone added me on Skype and then today they started harassing me, in a way that I will not go into, I blocked them and reported them. It isn't a real person though, my brother has had that too by various random ''people'' It is actually a robot which tries to get you to go on their website so they can add viruses to the computer. So lesson learn't never accept random friend requests on Skype or any other social media website. I did find it rather hilarious what they were saying, but they had to be reported :roflanim:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
Re: Beware of skype, peoples!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 01:07:52 pm »
I've had the same problem with Facebook usually pictures of young attractive women. Clearly they have never seen me :farmer: :roflanim:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »
I get on facebook too. Do not pay any attention.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 11:13:32 pm »
I've had one or two requests from strangers on Skype. Glad I ignored them now. I often get friend requests from people in other countries on Facebook too. Even had a few messages as well. The ones that amuse me are the emails that offer me lovely ladies, usually Russian. I'm just not that way inclined, which is a relief for my husband (or maybe not  ;) ).

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 08:17:19 am »
I had  one of them try to friend me on SKYPE last week. I just ignore anyone I don't know who tries to befriend me on social media there are too many scams and virus out there.

________
Caroline

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 11:17:01 pm »
What about FB if you are on a group, another group member wants to friend you, though other end of country, would you trust another group member? I didn't accept, couldn't understand why someone I had no connection with would want to be a FB friend. Yet you look at some friend lists and they seem to have hundreds. I wonder if it's like a competition to have as many friends as possible?
If they have Toggs I don't mind being their friend  ;D

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 11:31:11 pm »
What about FB if you are on a group, another group member wants to friend you, though other end of country, would you trust another group member? I didn't accept, couldn't understand why someone I had no connection with would want to be a FB friend. Yet you look at some friend lists and they seem to have hundreds. I wonder if it's like a competition to have as many friends as possible?
If they have Toggs I don't mind being their friend  ;D
Yea am, afraid so, most people have it as a competition, personally I don't have an FB account, you can get real weird people on there. Plus I don't particuarlarly want to know what my friends and family are up to, FB is so personal these days!  ::)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 07:03:38 pm »
If they have goat pictures or dog pictures I may accept but am very fussy and don't have a preference for looking like I have lots of friends. I am also more likely to accept if people message me first so I understand what the connection is.

This is why I prefer forums, lots to chat about, lots of information, low risk of nutters  :roflanim:

________
Caroline

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 11:42:18 pm »
Low risk of nutters? You're talking about people who work very long hours in all weathers for very little or no money. And you think we're all sane?  :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS