Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Best courses  (Read 2061 times)

Black Sheep

• Joined Sep 2015
  • Briercliffe
    • Monk Hall Farm
Best courses
« on: July 24, 2016, 09:57:56 pm »
The land purchase that was to begin our smallholding fell through a little while back after months of fruitlessly trying to find a workaround for a restrictive covenant that we only discovered just before signing :( Anyway while we keep searching I'm trying to keep picking up bits of ideas and skills for the future - helps with staying positive :)

Last weekend was a great introduction to shearing - lots of fun and good to build an understanding of the process and know that I can use the shears if needed. I've exhausted our local agricultural college's offering of a practical sheep handling course (that covered catching, turning, inspecting feet, use of a race, dagging, injecting and drenching) and a lambing ewe evening. I'd also love to do the lambing week with Tim Tyne next year.

But this made me think - what has everyone else done / what would you recommend?

Thanks

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS