Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Selling pigs in quarters - what's in a typical box?  (Read 2565 times)

SusannahandHarvey

• Joined Jun 2016
Selling pigs in quarters - what's in a typical box?
« on: July 24, 2016, 02:37:36 pm »
hello.  I'm new on here.  We have 7 piglets as our first 'practice weaners'.  They are due to go to slaughter at the end of September and we will be selling 'quarter of a pig' to friends and family.  We are selling for about £75 per quarter.  What do you typically offer in a box?  I'm thinking 3 x joints, 24 sausages, 8 loin steaks, belly pork.  Then customers can have the option to have trotters, livers etc... Does this sound about right?  Sorry if there is a duplicate thread on this already - if so please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Susannah

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Selling pigs in quarters - what's in a typical box?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 08:03:06 pm »
Sounds spot on to me. We usually do ours as half pigs and it is a scaled up version of the list you gave. Family and friends like to squirm a bit over the trotters, etc

SusannahandHarvey

• Joined Jun 2016
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 08:30:51 pm »
Thank you so much!

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 01:13:07 pm »
What breed of pig are they please?

SusannahandHarvey

• Joined Jun 2016
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 10:31:48 am »
This lot are just white pigs but we are getting 2 oxford sandy and black sows to breed from and continue with :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS