Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: vacuum sealer  (Read 2697 times)

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
vacuum sealer
« on: July 24, 2016, 07:34:53 am »
I know there was a post a few months ago about getting a vacuum sealer but I cannot find it.  I need a new one and wondered about the best to get to wrap a few lambs for the freezer.  Thank you all.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: vacuum sealer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 01:31:20 pm »
That's a bit cruel isn't it? Wrapping lambs for the freezer?  :o  :innocent:  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:
I have found this thread although you may need a bigger one, I would try ebay they are very good or nisbetts?
http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=72043.0
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 02:23:53 pm »
I stick to my answer in the thread that WBF has posted. I have the Andrew James. It works well but the bags are expensive.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:52:41 am »
Thanks WBF that is the thread I was looking for.

To the others one of the lambs could go in minus his fur coat at the moment as he keeps duffing up the quad bike.

Manaphy

• Joined Nov 2016
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 06:13:47 am »
May be you are looking for this thread? http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=5348.0  They've given many options for brands.

As for me, I use maxkon vacuum sealer which was orderd on Crazysales. When I wrap with freezer paper I've also started wrapping a couple times in saran wrap first, then freezer paper. Seems to do a better job at protecting meat. I will use the vac sealer for processed meat like sausage, sticks, etc as well as the good chops and steaks. I will use the paper for trimmings or stuff I've already ground up and plan on processing into something else in the not so distant future. Them freezer bags get spendy.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS