Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: eden  (Read 10172 times)

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: eden
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 12:22:19 am »
It's the fact that folk watch his sort of tripe that keeps 'reality' TV shows going. I don't have a TV licence, wouldn't watch it anyway and will take a fair bet that it's a bunch of 20-somethings with qualifications and no experience. I'd also bet they have an endless supply of toothpaste, feminine hygeine products and nail varnish and probably a  string of smart mobile homes parked just out of sight - and probably a  better mobile phone signal and internet connection than I can get.
TV rating will depend on who bonks whom or manages to get themselves filmed with their pants down and the whole slew of players will have been carefully selected by psychologists looking for conflict and disunity.

<rant over>

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 07:47:54 am »
It is one up from that pgkevet, it is filmed by remote operated cameras and embedded crew - several camera people make up the 24 people living there; they don't see anyone from outside. I don't think there's any phones/laptops on site, but maybe they are sneaked in so no one falls behind on net flicks releases..? Don't think anyone's had makeup on.  Im not surprised that many are 20's, they have to take a year out of their normal lives.
It's not a usual reality to program, aimed at big brother/only way is Essex viewers, rather all the people that dream about adventure and 'simple life'. 
If I thought it was a fake as you describe, I wouldn't be watching it either!  :huff:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 10:34:19 am »
Recorded the repeat last night, came in (after last top up for goats), and their goat was obviously unwell, after reading on here what happened I couldn't bear it and switched off.
Not good enough, if they can't take care of the animals they shouldn't have them.

Black Sheep

• Joined Sep 2015
  • Briercliffe
    • Monk Hall Farm
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 01:17:25 pm »
I quite enjoyed it because it does what it says on the tin - what would things be like if a disparate group of people had to start from (relative) scratch. There will be mistakes, like the poor prioritisation of needs and the animal mishaps, but that's part of any group learning. Since we only see a tiny proportion of events we also can't know how some things occurred, for example why the sheep were lost for a few days.

I agree they also need leadership but unless you are already in a clear hierarchical situation it can be hard for one to emerge quickly.

Food, fire, shelter, water. The order depends on the location but so far at least two of these are inadequately covered. But it's probably only June (we won't have seen footage right up to date yet) and they started in March. There is time, the group has to settle down before it can really effectively perform.

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 01:48:28 pm »
I agree, was hoping for something a bit more, but am sure it is heavily edited as is most reality TV and it wouldn't attract big audiences if it was done with no problems.

I was pleased they had been given a gun to kill the pig humanely though, that could have gone very wrong and that would indeed by cruelty.
________
Caroline

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS