Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1939 times)

Bbdave

• Joined Jul 2016
Hello
« on: July 15, 2016, 05:36:40 pm »
Hi from Devon I have joined the forum because my wife and I have decided to buy some land, instead of a house on a small plot. This is a long term plan probably about 4 years away but our dream is to run a smallholding with a small campsite we aim to live on the land so I'm guessing a mobile home as we assume no planning required?.
I have looked after Highland cattle and lincoln longwools in a previous job so have a little animal husbandry experience.
But our main lack of knowledge is how much land we will need what type and what permissions etc. but I have 4 years to research  :wave:

Dave

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 10:58:40 am »
Sorry to disappoint but to live on the land even in a caravan requires planning permission.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 04:33:18 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum. BIW is right. Permission is needed for just about everything these days
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 11:12:36 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from Shropshire.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 08:25:58 am »
Hello and welcome  :wave: Good luck with the plans  :thumbsup:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 09:25:50 am »
Hello from Newton Abbot! If you live anywhere close to Dartmoor you almost need planning permission to change the colour of your curtains.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 10:20:34 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum from Ceredigion! :wave: All the best with everything :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 12:01:08 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum! :wave: I'm afraid [member=26580]Backinwellies[/member] is correct caravans do require planning permission.  Here's wishing you all the best with your new adventure and if you need any advice/support you know where to come :)
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

TheSmilingSheep

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 12:31:01 pm »
 :wave:
On a more positive note.... Devon is glorious!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS