Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost the pig  (Read 8548 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Lost the pig
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 10:13:47 am »
Wonder if she found a boyfriend on her travels?  :eyelashes:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2016, 08:06:26 pm »
Well, had another message that Babe was, my worst fear and despite all our efforts, was on the main Ashburton road. I have had to make the very painful decision to have her PTS. Heaven rest her.

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2016, 08:50:26 pm »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2016, 10:25:34 pm »
so sorry to hear this [member=89885]devonlady[/member]  :hug:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2016, 11:08:29 pm »
Oh,  so very sorry.   I woory constantly about my pig getting on the road.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2016, 04:57:39 am »
 :bouquet:  :hug:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2016, 09:39:42 am »
I thought she was home. Sorry to hear that after all of this the outcome was not good.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2016, 10:53:43 am »
She was safely home, Bionic, but somehow got out again. I think she was looking for company and sheep and geese didn't satisfy this need. The problem is I would have had to get a young pig to keep her company, she would get very old and die and I would have the same problem on and on until I dropped dead from aggravation!
So, dearly as I loved her I couldn't see another way.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2016, 10:57:09 am »
I'm so sorry. What on earth would have kept her in!  She was obviously very determined. Do pigs go over the rainbow bridge?  If they do she'll have plenty of company.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2016, 02:27:19 pm »
She was safely home, Bionic, but somehow got out again. I think she was looking for company and sheep and geese didn't satisfy this need. The problem is I would have had to get a young pig to keep her company, she would get very old and die and I would have the same problem on and on until I dropped dead from aggravation!
So, dearly as I loved her I couldn't see another way.

Totally off topic here but a couple of months ago I bought 2 guinea pigs. They shouldn't be kept alone so you need at least 2. In Switzerland they have a law saying you must keep more than one but if you only have 2 and 1 dies you get 'lent' another one until your original one dies. Otherwise you are caught in the trap that you have mentioned where you need to buy another one and so it continues......
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2016, 01:15:24 am »
That's a great idea.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS