Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Herts  (Read 1775 times)

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
Hello from Herts
« on: July 15, 2016, 01:37:21 pm »
Hello from Hertfordshire.

Really I am just starting on the road to a more self sufficient lifestyle. I got chickens a year ago and have been growing a variety of vegetables. I live in a terraced house but I hope one day I hope to get a plot of land so I can grow more plants and get larger animals.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Hello from Herts
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 11:25:50 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from Shropshire. I also live in a house (although a semi) with a garden and I grow veggies, fruit trees and bushes and keep my goats. I would have hens as well but OH is adamant that goats are enough. Would have loved some land but it's not going to happen.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 08:27:41 am »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie :wave:

We started like you - now have cattle for milk and beef, sheep for wool and lamb, hens and pigs plus an orchard of 100 trees and a veg garden. Keeps up busy - be careful what you wish for  ;D

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 09:21:31 am »
Hello from Devon.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 04:48:58 pm »
Hello from nearly Herts, South Cambs actually.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 04:51:41 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum from Ceredigion!  :wave:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS