Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Carmarthen  (Read 2599 times)

mark-p

• Joined Jun 2012
Hello from Carmarthen
« on: July 13, 2016, 10:43:08 am »
Just a quick hello,  I joined the forum in 2012 when I first started to look into owning a smallholding,  I've never posted before as I never really knew much to contribute   ???. 4 years on I moved from Nottingham to Carmarthen to enjoy life a little better.  I've kept chickens and ducks for 7/8 years, bees for around 5 years, had a few Berkshire pigs, now own a small flock of sheep which I intend to expand over the years.  Hopefully now I will be able to add to the forum instead of just reading it   :thumbsup:

Mark.

silkwoodzwartbles

• Joined Apr 2016
Re: Hello from Carmarthen
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 01:10:52 pm »
Welcome to the forum :wave:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:48:59 pm »
Hi Mark and welcome properly to the forum, also from Carmarthenshire.

We keep bees too. Whereabouts are you?
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

mark-p

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 09:24:03 pm »
Hiya,

I'm just behind nantgaredig so not that far away.  To be fair...my bees aren't doing too well, I might need a new type, I don't think bees from the Midlands like Wales that much!  :innocent:

henchard

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 09:39:47 pm »
Crikey must be very close to me then. I'm near Felingwm / Pontargothi.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:44:33 pm by henchard »

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 10:00:45 pm »
 :wave: and welcome to the forum from Shropshire. Will be in Carmarthenshire in September.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 10:01:01 pm »
Hi  :wave: and welcome to the forum from Ceredigion. Its great to finally have you posting and we look forward to hearing more posts from you in the future. All the best :thumbsup:
WBF
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 10:36:28 pm »
Hiya,

I'm just behind nantgaredig so not that far away.  To be fair...my bees aren't doing too well, I might need a new type, I don't think bees from the Midlands like Wales that much!  :innocent:

Have you joined a bee keeping club since you moved here? OH belongs to the East Carmarthen club which is at Llangadog but that may be a bit far for you. There is a Carmarthen one but I'm not sure where they meet.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

mark-p

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 12:29:13 am »
Henchard. My daughter goes to the nursery at felingwm, well until Tuesday when she starts big school ????

Bionic I haven't joined the local club, my experiences in the Midlands has put me off a little to be fair.

And a big thanks to the kind welcome.  ????????????????

Mrs Pea

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 08:22:52 pm »
Hi and welcome, we're also near Carmarthen, moved here four years ago.  :wave:

Lisa

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 09:26:57 am »
Hello and welcome from Devon.

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 11:59:17 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum from cardiganshire! :wave: Its always nice to have new people on here :)
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS