Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Aged cob mare needs new home. North Yorks  (Read 4354 times)

Hevxxx99

• Joined Sep 2012
Aged cob mare needs new home. North Yorks
« on: July 12, 2016, 06:05:46 pm »
Looking a loving home for Rosie; an older bay 15hh Shire x Dales mare.

I no longer have my winter grazing so must go into winter this year with fewer horses. Rosie is around twenty years of age but is still happy to be ridden out walk/trot/canter. Would suit light happy hacking home. LWVTB, minimum six month loan then £1 to sign over ownership to suitable home.

ETA: would like her to stay close enough to visit ocasionally, so within about 100 miles of YO21 postcode.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:48:29 pm by Hevxxx99 »

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Aged cob mare needs new home. North Yorks
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 11:34:46 pm »
Lovely cob .   I love Shires and have a field full of Dales ponies,  so this is my type of horse.,  but must nitvadd ti my numbers

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 07:50:11 am »
She sounds fab, but North Aberdeenshire is probably a bit far! I hope you find a lovely home for her.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 01:42:25 pm »
I did stick the pics under the nose of  my hubby last night,  in the hope thst he may see it sensible for me to be riding reliable older cobs at my age..... would have it if I thought he would not notice an addition

adamhfc

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 03:16:10 pm »
How olds older please

Sorry just seen 20s

Hevxxx99

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 06:42:49 pm »
According to her passport, she's 21 this year.

adamhfc

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 04:46:28 pm »
Where about are you there's a lady on my yard very interested

adamhfc

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 07:09:28 pm »
Uncalled for for someone who's dyslexic someone had put something about Aberdeen above so was just checking as have someone very interested in given the mare a good home

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 07:41:27 pm »
Umm, North Yorkshire??? Duh?

This was uncalled for Annie, you could just have said 'North Yorkshire' and that would have been helpful. All members should please think before posting anything that is potentially demeaning to another member.

Hevxxx99

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 08:12:16 pm »
Where about are you there's a lady on my yard very interested

Thank you for your question.  North Yorkshire is indeed a very big county. We are based near Danby, between Whitby and Guisborough.

adamhfc

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 08:37:59 pm »
Have pmed you

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 08:31:25 am »
I don't know if you've found a new family for your mare yet, but if not, I hope you don't mind if I make a wee suggestion - I would remove the word 'aged' from your advert, I think nowadays lots of people just scrolling through adverts would think age 30+ and definitely not able to be ridden, and I think people are much more open to buying/loaning what would in the past have been considered an old horse. I've paid decent money for three ponies all over the age of twenty (2 at 22 and one at 26) in the past three years and it was money very well spent. I think if you changed it to something like 20 year old mare looking for happy hacking home a lot more potential good homes would look - probably not so relevant on this site, but might be if she's advertised elsewhere. Sorry to interfere, she looks lovely.

Hevxxx99

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 02:33:23 pm »
Thanks for that: you're undoubtedly correct. I still think of 20 as "getting on a bit" but since my New Forset pony lived to 32 and was ridden well into her 20's I probably should re-adjust my thinking!

:)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 05:51:34 pm »
She looks much younger than 20, what a beautiful animal she is too! I hope that you sell her to a really lovely home and people. Have you advertised her on preloved? or in the FG?
All the best and do let us know how you get on :thumbsup:
Just shared on twitter hope you don't mind?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 12:52:34 pm »
If she were nine, I would be very careful about advertising on Preloved.  I am sure you want a forever home.  Unfortunately someone I know due to serious health reasons had to part with their little pony.  A family came, wanting what the owner thought a pony for the little girl and he nearly let them have it.  A girl on the yard recognised these people as dealers and turned out they had a buyer lined up.  Said pony with me fir life.

Hope someone takes this mare before  i get too tempted!!  As it would be nice  to ensure a lifelong home!! 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS