Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pedigree Guernsey heifer for smallscale dairying or multisuckling  (Read 2966 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
We bought our milking machine from Tim Gibson and I was chatting to Tim on the phone last night, when he asked if I knew anyone who would be interested in buying a Guernsey heifer for small scale dairying or multisuckling. Her details are below. The probelm is that she has quite small (but not ridiculously small) teats that are quite wide apart and they have robot milkers that can't cope with her udder shape. As you can see she's pedigree, a first calver and giving a nice amount of milk. Tim says she has a nice temperament. She's in Scotch Corner. I have another three photos that I'm happy to email,

It would be an awful shame if she went as a cull so if anyone is interested in buying her, please contact Tim Gibson tim[member=308]tim[/member]-gibson.co.uk.

"Please find enclosed some photos of the Guernsey heifer that you spoke about with Tim.

Her full pedigree name is Brymor Meadowsweet 83, which is a befitting name for such an attractive animal. As you can see from the final photos, her tears are by no means abnormally short; rather than the placement just makes it that bit harder for the robot. It is otherwise a well-formed bag which will develop nicely in time.

She has been comfortably achieving 6-7 litres per milking, twice a day; and am sure she could thrive on an individual milking basis.Please let me know if you require any further photographs or suchlike.

Best regards, Andy Eastabrook, J F Gibson & Son"

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Pedigree Guernsey heifer for smallscale dairying or multisuckling
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 01:40:28 pm »
I had a Guernsey many years ago, and loved the milk.

Unfortunately,  after having TB at our old farm,  and being surrounded by it where we are now,  having cows is. not something I daee do again

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 01:52:38 pm »
Shared on twitter! I hope he can find her a home soon, as you say it would be a shame to get rid of her. I would love to have her, but can't risk it due to being in a TB area and not wanting to attract it onto the holding.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 07:08:33 pm »
 :Hi how much would she be roughly

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 08:27:45 am »
:Hi how much would she be roughly

No idea. I'm sure Tim and Andy will help, without obligation. She's a wee cracker.

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:51:06 pm »
Oh my goodness, better half says I can email about her  :fc:  so I have  :excited: .
So many ideas, not enough hours

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 08:39:05 am »
Oh, good for you, and your dear OH. I do hope you have her, I have been thinking (well, dreaming) of ways to keep her, she looks a sweet soul!

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 09:22:59 am »
She's sold. But not to me  :(  He does have others available or different breeds if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:24:31 am by LouiseG »
So many ideas, not enough hours

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 01:41:52 pm »
Ah well, as long as she will be safe and happy all is well.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 03:14:28 pm »
She, and another Guernsey from the same herd, has been bought by a TAS member  :thumbsup:

If you are interetsed in a house cow, please contact Tim or Andy at Gibson's as they may be able to help.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS