Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Incipient labour  (Read 7452 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Incipient labour
« on: June 09, 2016, 12:36:36 am »
Caldi is due on Saturday. Today I noticed she has a very slight discharge but her vulva is still pink, not read. Her ligaments are soft and I can get my fingers round the bones but she's been like that for a while. She's still behaving like normal.

Is it likely to be imminent or could she still go a few days? Or is a 'wait and see' occasion?

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Incipient labour
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:04:03 am »
wait and see... but they can have discharge a few days in advance.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 08:06:16 pm »
One old girl of mine, always had a discharge for a few days before she kids, but goats being goats, some of mine shows no sign except I fund twins
!!

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 08:30:41 pm »
Exciting!
I thought she was due the beginning of next week and was hoping she would hang on till Tuesday when I'm over in Telford!
One of mine had discharge weeks before she delivered and the rest none at all!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 11:38:41 pm »
Still nothing today.

Beeducked, that's when I first worked out the date but now I make it this Saturday. I don't know about exciting. I'm a nervous wreck. I'll ask her if she minds hanging on until Tuesday for you. If she won't, you'll just have to come and visit them.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 06:36:23 pm »
Just tell her to keep her legs crossed till Tuesday! I will pack some normal clothes to bring with me this time!
If she does go earlier that that, give me a ring. If I'm free I will come over.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 11:58:26 pm »
Just tell her to keep her legs crossed till Tuesday! I will pack some normal clothes to bring with me this time!
If she does go earlier that that, give me a ring. If I'm free I will come over.

You're on. I'm quite nervous after Pom's horrible experience last year. Caldi is now very suspicious when I go behind her as I keep lifting her tail to check.  Udder is still soft. (i actually manage to touch it today while her head was in a food bucket)

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 05:51:36 pm »
Well fingers crossed for a better experience this year. I'm guessing no sign of anything happening at the moment.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 11:30:13 pm »
I'm guessing no news yet.  :goat:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 12:45:12 am »
Nothing yet. i'm going to check on her in a bit then go to bed. Outside light is on and I can see her from the bedroom window so I'll  be looking out several times during the night for the third night running.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 12:37:14 am »
Did a double check of the table in my goat book and it appears that she is due tomorrow, not last Saturday. All that stressing for nothing.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 05:25:47 am »
They can be early or late just like humans, the books just a guide. 
One of mine is always day 148, one 152 and NO-ONE can kid before Suzie has.

You'll be stressed whatever it says.
Go by what's in front of you.
Good luck.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 10:50:52 am »
 :roflanim:

So glad I am not the only one that does that. Spent 10 days watching a sheep obsessively as she was last to deliver. Then she was going for the longest gestation in history. Then I checked the dates. Again. Talk about time waster. 

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 11:31:01 am »
Did a double check of the table in my goat book and it appears that she is due tomorrow, not last Saturday. All that stressing for nothing.

Here is a bit of simple software that will do it for you

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 12:03:40 am »

Here is a bit of simple software that will do it for you

My virus guard won't let me open that. The book is fine when I get my dates right. Serves me right for checking it when I was half asleep.

Anyway, twins arrived today at around 2pm and just afterwards - on their due date and at a sensible time of day. A boy - Korma - first followed by Snowstorm (and the thunder was rolling). Both beautiful and snowy white despite the rather colourful males we visited 150 days ago.

I'll try to put some photos on but I've never had much success with it. MIght be safer to check my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/lesley.silvester.9/photos_all

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS