Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What a day!  (Read 1175 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
What a day!
« on: May 24, 2016, 06:11:45 pm »
I don't think I've had such highs and lows for ages.

My friend and tenant gave notice on my granny annexe.  A BIG shock and I am upset.  She has rather overextended herself with animals and feels overwhelmed and wants to go back to living in a flat with pet dogs.

She was also my walking companion on the WHW next week.... and now has a massive cyst which has to be removed so I was looking at doing it alone.

My dog friend Ingrid from Bulgaria has stepped in and is coming over from Bulgaria to walk with me...

I gave up on work at 1pm (having gone in at 5am) and came home and cried about how much work I had to do and other stuff and walking the WHW alone.... ....

And now I am all excited again.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: What a day!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 06:17:17 pm »
Wow what a day indeed? :o I am glad that you're feeling better now though. All the best with the walk and the smallholding :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 06:33:59 pm »
Yes!  I am a very level person normally..... and I am now EXHAUSTED!

How are you feeling now? xxx

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 06:36:52 pm »
Fine thank you, not tired as much and I seem to be able to finish off tidying the garden and planting out, so I think I may have recovered. My appetite is back and I am drinking plenty and hardly coughing at all now, so I think it has gone.  Do you mind me asking? what is the WHW walk?  :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 06:37:32 pm »
Gosh, I am not surprised you are exhausted KC but hopefully the walk will be a breath of fresh air
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 06:44:09 pm »
Walking the West Highland Way.

I always wanted to do it... especially with my spaniels while they can still enjoy it :D

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 06:52:17 pm »
sounds really lovely, i hope the weather keeps good for you and all the best with it :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS