Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Peafowl Hatching Eggs For Sale  (Read 2516 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Peafowl Hatching Eggs For Sale
« on: May 18, 2016, 03:17:00 pm »
Hi Folks,  I have six peafowl eggs here that I've taken from our girls (I don't like them sitting on too many, or else we end up over-run). We have Indian Blue hens, running with one blue male and one all white. In practice this usually means the chicks are 1/4 indian blue colouring, 1/4 all white and 1/2 pied. They're currently going for about £10 each on ebay  :o, so howsabout £25 for the six including Royal Mail special delivery?

I can't guarantee fertility (etc etc), but if none of them are fertile, I'll refund the money to a charity of your choice.

First to reply can have them, or if nobody wants them, I'm going to grate some truffles and make myself a millionaire's omelette!  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: Peafowl Hatching Eggs For Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 06:59:07 pm »
Sold! Many thanks!  :thumbsup:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 07:07:15 pm »
When will you have any more available?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 10:19:49 pm »
When can I come over?  :eyelashes:  I feel the need of a lamb fix and a peacock fix.  ;)  And the baking soda isn't getting rid of the rats  :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 04:11:41 pm »
Hi Womble, If you have any eggs available at the end of August I'd love to try hatching some (after my marathon 3 months of turkey eggs!) Gillian  :wave:

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 04:24:45 pm »
Hi Gillian,  The bad news is that the girls are done laying for this year - these were just the 'extras' we stole from them to stop us from being over-run with chicks! 

The good news is that two pods hatched last week, with three little peas in each, so all being well, we will have some teenage peas to sell early next year if that's of interest?  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS