Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Our new pooch  (Read 4366 times)

blades

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Huntly
Our new pooch
« on: May 16, 2016, 08:31:54 am »
This is Jack, 9 week old Miniture Poodle. Collecting him this coming Saturday... Cannot wait  :excited:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:00:17 am by blades »
Metal Detectorist

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Our new pooch
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:38:23 am »
OMG he is gorgeous.
I have a miniature poodle and he is the best dog ever. I'm sure you won't regret getting him.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 10:10:57 am »
he looks beautiful, all the best with it all!  :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 10:14:34 am »
What a cutie!  Feel free to share pics and stories :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 01:47:48 pm »
 :excited: :excited:  Enjoy - he looks like mega time wasting material  :innocent:

blades

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Huntly
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 05:34:59 am »
Thank you everyone... I will take more pictures once we've collected him and back home  :thumbsup:
Metal Detectorist

blades

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Huntly
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 06:14:28 am »
Some more pictures... We have decided to call him Jack instead of Angus. It just seemed to suit him better and he has taken to it very well. First night went very well, we set up a large cage in our bedroom, his bed covering one half and paper the other half. Put him in the cage at bedtime, 5 minutes of crying, turned the TV and lights off and it was as if we had turned him off. He slept right through until 5am... Not a sound ????
Night number two, much the same except he woke up at 3am needed a wee and a poo. Let him out, did his business and then back in the cage and back out like a light. Our fingers are crossed and we are touching wood that this continues  :fc: . It's been a long wait for me as I'm allergic to dogs, cats and horses. I'm fine with sheep and alpacas. I cannot believe how I'm not affected by Jack. If you have allergies to dogs... try a poodle! I have to say, when you see the perfectly groomed poodles at Crufts, with Pom poms etc I would never have seen myself choosing a poodle, but now, coupled with being allergy free around him, his scruffy looks and seemingly well behaved and quick learning temperament... We are delighted with our choice.
Metal Detectorist

blades

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Huntly
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 06:17:08 am »
And another one!
Metal Detectorist

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 06:19:34 am »
What a brilliant start!  Jack suits him.  He's a smasher.   :love: :dog:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

blades

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Huntly
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 07:39:27 am »
and another one
Metal Detectorist

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 08:50:29 am »
Blades, are you sure you want to keep him?  He would make a nice friend for my Archie .........
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 08:53:15 am »
He is lovely! I once had a Standard and soon learned how to clip her, like everything it's easy when you know how.
What a good little chap to let you know he needed to go out!
Out of interest you might like to know why show poodles are clipped as they are.
They were used as gun dogs in France many years ago when they were all brown! The clipping was done to let them dry more easily but the coat left on was to keep them more buoyant in the water the bit over their loin to keep their kidneys warm. Even the ribbon in their top-knot was traditional, so the owner could spot them in the undergrowth.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 09:15:33 am »
I think hes a beaut! poodles are one of the least shedding dogs, cant remember why though. You have made a very good choice as theyre quick to learn, love doing tricks and are very obedient. All the best with him and I love the name jack.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

silkwoodzwartbles

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 07:30:50 pm »
Very cute, congratulations! :)

blades

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Huntly
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:13 am »
An early start for Jack this morning... Jobs done, he's shattered now!!
Metal Detectorist

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS