Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: from bad to worse!  (Read 4591 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
from bad to worse!
« on: May 14, 2016, 12:13:46 am »
Sorry in advance guys
my cough is going finally but because of the gunge my stomach is in agony, no position is comfortable and I have already thrown up once now. This week has been hell I am waiting out for the coming week and grinning and  bearing it. :'( just been sick twice now and it hurts so much!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:13:03 am by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: from bad to worse!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 07:12:37 am »
 :hug:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 07:58:41 am »
Hope you will be over the worst soon WBF. 

Dr told me recently that swallowing what you cough up (which you seem to have been doing) rather than spitting it out is actually the best thing for you. Apparently there are antibodies in the gunge that help fight the problem.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 11:52:54 am »
thanks for that guys. Just an update the pain was so bad last night I called 101 and they told me to get into hospital immediately, which I did do. I saw a late night GP which prodded, felt and poked my belly, he took a urine sample and found it was jack full of keytones, which means because of my lack of food due to this flu my body as been taking essential nutrients from my organs. Because my back was so painful too his concern was that it could be my kidneys or gall bladder, he was concernedthat it could have been appendicitus, but it was a bit far up. He gave me some meds for the pain and sickness, which I took straight away and went to sleep.I feel fine now but with maybe with a few small twinges here and there. He said to rest and take it really easy for the next few days and that if the pain comes back to go and see him again. An ordeal or what! :roflanim:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 12:10:42 pm »
 :hug:
Hope things pick up for you quickly WBF, i know it can be hard when you just don't feel up to getting the stock seen to, as well as your obvious discomfort.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 11:58:26 pm »
So let me get this right. You've essentially come down with twin lamb disease?  Have you tried Ketosaid?  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 01:06:09 am »
So let me get this right. You've essentially come down with twin lamb disease?  Have you tried Ketosaid?  ;D

WBF,you can rely on TAS members for some sympathy.  ::)

Soda water sipped occasionally can help if you're feeling sick. How are you coping with the animals and trying to rest?  :hug: :hug:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 09:57:46 am »
Essentially yes [member=2128]Womble[/member], strangely they did keep asking as to whether I was pregnant or not. It was quite funny when he said that cause I don't know whether it was the shock but my dad turned to me and said so you have twin lamb disease and we just laughed. When I told my brother about it all he was shocked and upset and angry and made me promise never to do that again, I promised but it is rather difficult to eat when you're I'll and are not hungry. My younger brother is filling in for me [member=23109]Mad Goatwoman of Madeley[/member]  so I can at least get a few days off whilst I rest and regain my appetite. Thanks for all the support guys I really appreciate it. If anyone else needs to talk you can talk to me anytime :) according to a the scales I have lost 8 and 1/2 pounds in weight, I did need to lose some weight anyway, but not in this way.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:29:35 am by waterbuffalofarmer »

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 03:17:50 pm »
How are you feeling now? :hug:

Can you eat yet? xx

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 04:22:20 pm »
How are you feeling now? :hug:

Can you eat yet? xx
I'm feeling a little better now thankyou I managed a little something last night and this morning. I'm trying to eat little of the right stuff a few times daily and although I am a devoted meat eater I am not eating any as it is a bit rich for the stomach atm. [member=132794]Scarlet.Dragon[/member] I have 5 brothers, so I can call on them if I need help and they always see me as little sis, they can be rather protective at times, but isnt that what brothers are for? ;D

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 07:07:17 pm »
5 brothers!  No one deserves that!  Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and getting some help while you are not at your best.

TheSmilingSheep

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 08:44:29 pm »
Just reading this thread for first time, WBF, and what an utterly rubbish time you've had of it...  As said, good to read that sense of humour is returning, along with a cautious appetite.  Am sending warm thoughts and hopes for full recovery SOON.  :hug:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 01:00:54 am »
Glad you're on the mend, WBF. Keep smiling.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS