Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ******* estate agents!  (Read 17673 times)

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: ******* estate agents!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 09:56:40 pm »
Thank you BiW, your response is very heartening. Carry on contributing to your community, it will be greatly appreciated.

in relation to some of the other clearly discriminatory comments on here. they only reflect the arrogant, condescending attitudes that have strived unsuccessfully to extinguish our way of life and language over the centuries. so much for enlightenment and valuing diversity
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:59:33 pm by Brandi »

farmershort

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 10:31:19 am »
Thank you BiW, your response is very heartening. Carry on contributing to your community, it will be greatly appreciated.

in relation to some of the other clearly discriminatory comments on here. they only reflect the arrogant, condescending attitudes that have strived unsuccessfully to extinguish our way of life and language over the centuries. so much for enlightenment and valuing diversity

That all sounds rather personal and inflamatory Brandi.... are you defending the estate agents? lol!

I suspect you've percieved some xenophobic tones in some of the posts, but there's been nothing as dramatic or potentially offending so far until this post from you. Please try and keep the tone sensible.

farmershort

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 10:53:52 am »
UPDATE:

I'm going to commission a 15ft high wickerman of an estate agent, and set fire to it on the day we finally move in!!!!!!!!

Today is 8 weeks since offer. Our solicitors *STILL* don't have the contract pack, but apparently the seller has finally sent the forms back to their solicitors.

This whole process (and the estate agency industry) is so daft!

farmershort

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 05:06:50 pm »
8.5 weeks in... still nothing with our solicitors.

Had a good chat with them today detailing all the concerns to date, and they too agree that it sound fishy.

I've spoken with the ombudsman people (one of 3 organisations) today, and they've advised that they have to wait 8 weeks from either the official complaint, or from mention of the ombudsman. That was 2 weeks ago for us.

The planning angle has now come back and said that it will be an 8 week delay - which is not what the agent said (and it's a condition of sale). We've gone back to them and said that we want to buy it as advertised, or not at all.

gaaaaahhhhh, I hate them so much! I have this sinking feeling that it's going to fall through.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 10:18:15 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about this, am sure all will turn out well and we're all here for you :hug:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Mickey

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2016, 01:48:40 pm »
My experience of estate agents is that they want the sale to go through otherwise they aren't getting paid. However they are working to the instructions of the seller, any delays I would suspect the seller to be the problem. 

farmershort

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 04:59:19 pm »
My experience of estate agents is that they want the sale to go through otherwise they aren't getting paid. However they are working to the instructions of the seller, any delays I would suspect the seller to be the problem.

And normally I'd agree with that statement, but there's something really off about this bloke. I find it very difficult to read him, and that sets the alarm bells ringing in itself. He seems arrogant and snobbish and seems to deliberately hide information.

I can't fully explain it, but perhaps you'll take me at my word when I say something just isn't right there...

We demanded that the case be handed over to a sale progressor last week, and that did happen, but we recently found out that the sales progressor had been going to this original agent for comms with the seller.

We've now said that the original agent is to have nothing to do with this sale whatsoever, and no contact with either party.

They may act for the sellers, but it's our money that they want.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2016, 07:20:58 am »
We had really good estate agents but it was the solicitors that dragged things out.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 08:49:07 am »
We had really good estate agents but it was the solicitors that dragged things out.
There was a joke about this..... A bad solicitor will make a case go on for a few months, a good solicitor will make it go on for a few years ;D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 04:44:45 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

farmershort

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 04:35:41 pm »
so.... yesterday marked the '9 weeks since offer' point..... still no paperwork with out solicitors!?!!

We had a call from them this afternoon to say that they recieved the fixtures & fittings list but not the contract pack.....

I finally managed to speak to the vendors solicitors directly, and he made some not very promising noises about chasing it up.

I think I'm going to lose my marbles before this is done...

We also wrote a letter to the sellers on tuesday which was emailed to them via the solicitors.... no response through the solicitors or the estate agents. How is it that someone can be selling a property, but not actually selling it....

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 04:40:14 pm »

We also wrote a letter to the sellers on tuesday which was emailed to them via the solicitors.... no response through the solicitors or the estate agents. How is it that someone can be selling a property, but not actually selling it....

I know someone who is actually doing this. (Not to the property you are after) They have separated from their partner who wants the property sold and despite having people wanting to buy thy keep coming up with reasons why they can't sell to them.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 04:50:08 pm »
Personally, and I am sorry to say this, maybe you should try looking for another property if you don't get any further with this? Because it seems that they're being very unreasonable, have you paid anything towards the property at all yet?  Here we are if nothing comes of this one which I hope you do win with all my heart :hug:
http://www.uklandandfarms.co.uk/South-West-property.aspx
http://www.foxgrant.com/properties/smallholdings/
You could always move to ceredigion? :innocent:
http://www.thesmallholdingcentre.co.uk/
It is lovely this time of the year :)

farmershort

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 05:04:41 pm »
Thanks for the responses, and yes wbf we have started to look again... have all the old email alerts etc. Don't expect much to come up during the summer though... small holders are busy and the prices are dropping a little ahead of the EU thingy.

I imagine that a few more will start appearing after the summer.

Would rather it didn't come to that though.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2016, 05:41:21 pm »
Thanks for the responses, and yes wbf we have started to look again... have all the old email alerts etc. Don't expect much to come up during the summer though... small holders are busy and the prices are dropping a little ahead of the EU thingy.

I imagine that a few more will start appearing after the summer.

Would rather it didn't come to that though.
indeed not, I hope that you can get this sorted out though I know how fustrating it can be I am sure that whatever happens will be for the best though. Keep smiling :hug:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 11:25:08 pm »
Have you tried saying, in writing, that unless contracts are exchanged by ....(date).... you will withdraw your offer. Give them something like 14 days and I'll bet that everything will be sorted.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS