Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Decent honesty cash box  (Read 10151 times)

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: Decent honesty cash box
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 03:47:35 pm »
I think 99.99% of my customers are honest but there is little money in roadside eggs and when you come over a couple times a week and find the box broken into again you just feel like giving up. It's pocket money to me but I know it means a lot to my neighbours to buy local eggs. Maybe need to re-locate.

BrimwoodFarm

• Joined May 2016
    • Brimwood Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 05:44:52 pm »
Is there a way you could have the stall nearer the house? I've just started selling eggs this year and though my neighbours are lovely (I'm in an urban area) there's a few folk round here who seem to think the ideal way of having fun is to make other people's lives miserable. As a result, I didn't even bother putting an honesty box out and have to get people to knock at the door for the product. It's a pain, and limits trade, but I can well imagine coming home to find produce and money gone!

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 12:31:19 pm »
I could have it near the farm but where it is the perfect spot. A wide bit of road where people can stop and walkers can come from 3 directions to it.

artscott

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Methlick, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 12:36:42 pm »
A long tube, something like 3 ft length of scaffold pole is good.  Block up the bottom and chain it to the gate post.  Nobody can get their hands down to the money unless you unchain it and tip it up.

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 12:18:45 pm »
Like that idea. What about notes though? Not that I get many. I could run it through the hedge into our field and into a steel box with some concrete blocks in the bottom. I've got one of those site boxes going spare.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS