Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New calf, pics to follow on my twitter!  (Read 2396 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
New calf, pics to follow on my twitter!
« on: May 02, 2016, 10:55:16 am »
Well after yesterdays fiasco this morn about 8 am I went to check the buff, only to find one of them missing, so I thought, I went to the bottom of the field and found no buff but a placenta, scoured all the field searching for mom and baby; I called my brother in to help locate them, which he did whilst I went back to where all the rest of them were feeding. I saw the mom but no calf in sight, back down the fields looking, as I was halfway down the field I saw my brother leading a decent sized calf up towards me, turns out she was born sometime last night and is really strong. A heifer would you believe, looks like the herd will be dramatically increasing numbers, we hope, that's 4 heifers so far. This ones genetics are very good too, she is in the building with her mom, now bonding, her mom is very attentive and is going to be a fantastic milker, as her genetics are very good and she lets me strip her out without flinching, her calf's genetics should be brilliant! I will try and post some pictures and link them through my twitter for you all to see! All's well that ends well eh?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
Re: New calf, pics to follow on my twitter!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 08:20:57 pm »
and here she is with mom.....  https://twitter.com/Tammypuddleduck
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:24:08 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 06:40:15 pm »
The dear of her. Hope she does you proud!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 08:12:16 am »
Had another heifer again today, she was born 6 hrs ago, and is absolutely gorgeous. I'll try and get some pics of her on twitter once am better. She is out of a phenomenal milker and to look at the skin were the bag will be it is rather huge which means that she will most likely have a big bag. Here's hoping :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS