Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Say you had a thousand pounds..........  (Read 11014 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Say you had a thousand pounds..........
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2016, 09:56:37 pm »
I still don't know...
you could go on a wine and food tour in the medoc and buy good quality wine, meals in local places only cost 15 € per person, including wine. look at rick steins long weekends episode 1  :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 10:21:00 pm »
a big umbrella  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 10:22:30 pm »
I've been looking at gas cookers as ours is so small but all the cheaper ones have drop down front doors so £1000 would go towards that and also buy Mr MGM a new hi-fi cabinet for no reason other than he wants one.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 03:57:12 pm »
Even though I posed the initial question, I simply can't decide what to spend mine on.  It needs to be something which is a bit of a treat, not something I would routinely do, but what  :thinking:  I don't think I would want to buy a thing, because my house is full to bursting with things;  I don't like eating out, drinking alcohol, having my body pampered, theatre, art galleries or any of those things.  I might like to go to the Science museum in London, but even with travel from Scotland, accommodation etc I wouldn't spend a grand on that.  Sure I would give some of it away, but the idea is mainly to spend it on oneself.
I think I'm in the 'I don't actually need £1,000' category, as my main likes and happiness come from where I live, who I live with  :love: and our smallholding  :farmer: :sheep: :dog: :chook:  :garden: :tree:.  Oh dear, what a sad git I am  :roflanim:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:59:23 pm by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2016, 04:03:58 pm »
I think that is brilliant fleecewife and not sad at all! I think if someone has everything they need and really want then if you have some left over maybe give it to someone who has less than they need?  like the poor children in tanzania which need a school.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2016, 05:11:34 pm »
If any of you have £1000 that you don't want / need, I'll happily take it off your hands. Because you can never have too many corgis. ;)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 05:23:11 pm »
If any of you have £1000 that you don't want / need, I'll happily take it off your hands. Because you can never have too many corgis. ;)

Our neighbours when I was growing up had a corgi called Judy, which spent all her time on the kitchen rocking chair.  Every few years she would suddenly get smaller and cuter, then grow big again - but I was always assured it really was Judy  :dog:

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 07:44:33 pm »
My son's puppy ... for you Rosemary
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 08:09:17 pm »
Any more corgis Rosemary and we shall have to call you Ma'am!!

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 09:51:10 pm »
I'd pay someone to come clean my shed and house while I watched and made sure they didnt throw anything good away.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2016, 11:45:52 pm »
I'd pay someone to come clean my shed and house while I watched and made sure they didnt throw anything good away.

I like that idea  :thumbsup:

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2016, 11:53:24 pm »
Me too  :innocent: :excited: :thinking:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 09:38:59 am »
I'd have a ....... mm let me think.....no can't think of anything, perhaps someone to spring clean my house and the rest I would give B.A.R.K as I always want to adopt the cats and dogs from there but really can't have anymore, so although not strictly for me it would give me a warm fuzzy feeling. In fact scrub the spring cleaning they can have the lot. :cat: :cat: :dog: :dog:
Anne

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2016, 02:10:39 pm »

Same here.  Not corgis obviously ;) but the offer to divest yourself of unwanted cash is open - you can even exchange it if giving feels too embarrassing - maybe have a nice holiday in North Fife and go golfing at St Andrews, tour the palaces of Falkland and Scone, lots of hill and woodland walking and a few smallholding chores if it makes you feel at home..  Free massage as a bonus feature if you don't want the place to yourselves, in which case I'll get my holiday and you'll get to feel very good on all fronts, fresh eggs and fruit/veg on site.. 

Open to offers, tho sadly no dogs (even corgis) due to free range cats and hens with clear preferences for a canine free zone.. ;)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2016, 11:54:28 pm »
I've been looking at gas cookers as ours is so small but all the cheaper ones have drop down front doors so £1000 would go towards that and also buy Mr MGM a new hi-fi cabinet for no reason other than he wants one.

I must have forgotten this was a 'what if' post. I've just ordered a new spinning wheel.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS