Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dog not well any ideas?  (Read 8433 times)

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Dog not well any ideas?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 07:55:41 am »
So sorry.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 08:18:59 am »
Hugs.

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 08:49:04 am »
Oh no! So sorry  :(

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 08:58:29 am »
 :hug: :hug:

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 10:08:34 am »
Oh penninehillbilly, I am so sorry to hear this. Can't say anything to make it better, but sending hugs  :hug:
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 10:16:44 am »
 :bouquet:
that wasn't what I was expecting to hear. sorry x

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 10:51:47 am »
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss but at least it all happened quickly.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 03:57:26 pm »
Oh I'm so sorry.   :'( :'( 

Nothing will make it feel better for you just now.  We feel your suffering - we've all been through it
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 04:03:06 pm »
So sorry  :bouquet: :hug:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 04:10:28 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about this [member=22672]penninehillbilly[/member], it is so horrible to lose your dog. I lost my own faithful sheepdog back in 2013, I held him whilst he was being put to sleep and it broke my heart. He was a faithful companion, rounded up the sheep without me saying a word and was a brilliant father to all of his puppies, and what beauts they turned out too. I still miss him everyday but I carry him in my heart always. Time is a healer and it does become gradually easier. when my dog died it felt like a part of me had been ripped out, but I gradually came to terms with it. I bought a new puppy in 2014, a bit too soon, but she helped bring me out of the shell I had put myself into and suddenly I could see the brightness and beautifulness of everything around me. I do think about him now and again, but he has become something in the past which I can go back to if I am feeling down. Keep smiling and things will get easier, I promise  :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:12:43 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 05:14:11 pm »
 :hug: So sorry to hear this.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 09:55:03 am »
God rest him.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 01:28:24 am »
Thanks all. Shock is easing, luckily there is still her sister to keep me sane, though completely different temperament, doesn't want that nearness as much.
We buried Dreamer today, various reasons inc. weather meant she had to stay in the van yesterday.
Some of you may remember We lost our BC Jack in 2013, that hit me hard, shortly after it was on this forum these 2 girls were needing a home, and I was lucky enough to be allowed to take them on, Dreamer was so loving she soon won my heart and helped me get over but never forget Jack, for her to go so soon didn't seem fair, I cant forget the look in her eyes, i'm sure she was asking for help. Maybe she'll come back in another life to help someone else who needs her :-)

But the happy memory i'll remember is just last week, i tripped over a tussock of grass and sprawled out in the field, Dreamer obviously thought id laid down to play and was straight in there, wriggling and licking my face, so we had a hug and cuddle laid out there in the field, dafty dog :-).

So I'll be looking for a hardy shrub to plant on her grave, that flowers about this time of year, I'll be looking round here but suggestions welcome :-)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 11:35:31 am »
‘Beautiful Dreamer’ named 2014 Rose of the Year -coral-toned flowers with a light, licorice scent.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 11:49:58 am »
That sounds lovely, not sure it will be hardy enough for where  I'm thinking of, but I could could plant one in a more sheltered spot.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS