Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bee stings  (Read 7281 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Bee stings
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 01:57:54 pm »
When I went into an  anaphylactic shock I was rather ill to say the least . the Ambulance crew did what they could but it was in the emergency area that the adrenaline was given . 
Whilst it was being injected the team manager said this is a large dose you may shake a little .

Shake a little ........ the whole trolley shook as well , it sounded like a dozen skeletons having a barn dance on a corrugated tin roof. At some stage I passed out and woke up a bit panicky as I found I was on drips & with an oxygen mask on my face & one of the A&E team sitting next to me .
Every follicle on my body had exuded a thin greasy smelly waxy substance up to a 1 mm thick hair ,about 3 to 5 mm long ,  not unlike the covering  some new born babies are covered in .
As I was assessed and moved from the high dependency care bed area to another part of the casualty care ward the team popped in to see how I was before they went off shift.

The head guy said I was the loudest longest shaking Stevens they'd ever experienced .
 I was prescribed a set of Epi pens that night as I was sent home at 22.00 hrs , made a little carry bag to go round my neck to hold tem in . Thankfully I never needed to use them , after the third exchange of the run out of date pens I spoke with the doctor and said I don't think I need them now.

I haven't a clue as to what kicked off my episode as I was at a family reunion party & inside the house , had just got up at 07.30 hrs in the morning .
It could have been a food allergy which caused it. Are you allergic to gluten or nuts or fish at all?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 12:49:54 am »
When I went into an  anaphylactic shock I was rather ill to say the least . the Ambulance crew did what they could but it was in the emergency area that the adrenaline was given . 
Whilst it was being injected the team manager said this is a large dose you may shake a little .

Shake a little ........ the whole trolley shook as well , it sounded like a dozen skeletons having a barn dance on a corrugated tin roof. At some stage I passed out and woke up a bit panicky as I found I was on drips & with an oxygen mask on my face & one of the A&E team sitting next to me .
Every follicle on my body had exuded a thin greasy smelly waxy substance up to a 1 mm thick hair ,about 3 to 5 mm long ,  not unlike the covering  some new born babies are covered in .
As I was assessed and moved from the high dependency care bed area to another part of the casualty care ward the team popped in to see how I was before they went off shift.

The head guy said I was the loudest longest shaking Stevens they'd ever experienced .
 I was prescribed a set of Epi pens that night as I was sent home at 22.00 hrs , made a little carry bag to go round my neck to hold tem in . Thankfully I never needed to use them , after the third exchange of the run out of date pens I spoke with the doctor and said I don't think I need them now.

I haven't a clue as to what kicked off my episode as I was at a family reunion party & inside the house , had just got up at 07.30 hrs in the morning .
It could have been a food allergy which caused it. Are you allergic to gluten or nuts or fish at all?

No I'm not allergic to anything I know of,  I've always eaten almost everything put in front of me save for a certain type of garden pea which make me up-chucky for some strange reason.
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Vinnie

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 07:35:47 pm »
Wow clodhoppers that is amazing and scarey, you must have been so exhausted afterwards, that is quite the episode to go thru.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 01:31:08 pm »
Wow clodhoppers that is amazing and scarey, you must have been so exhausted afterwards, that is quite the episode to go thru.

Two days after arriving back home from the hospital  I was slumped in a plastic garden chair totally wrecked by it all . My neighbour called to me over the fence , came gingerly into the garden . I opened my eyes to find him six feet away with his head cocked to one side , almost tiptoeing towards me ,  calling my name & gave him the fright of his life apparently when I opened my eyes .

He thought I was dead because knowing what had occurred & of how I looked .

I just felt like it instead ... for weeks & weeks afterwards . :roflanim:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:24:16 pm by cloddopper »
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS