Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi new here.  (Read 2212 times)

Bethpotters

• Joined Apr 2016
  • Aberdeenshire
Hi new here.
« on: April 19, 2016, 03:28:10 pm »
Hi,

I'm new. We recently moved house and I'm now registering the land for a holding number. We've had ducks and chickens for a few years and we now have geese too. I've grown veg for a few years and will be doing that here too, plus flowers and herbs. I've been mentored for a year in beekeeping keeping and our bees arrive in June.  I have two new Swienty poly nationals and two second hand wbc.  We also plan to rear Berkshire piglets for meat and breed golden guernsey goats (small scale) and I'm in the process of starting a handmade soap business that will use goats milk, honey and beeswax.

I'm currently doing an OU  degree in environmental studies but it's deferred for this and next year.I'm learning all I can remember local groups and reading regarding all things smallholder. I'm interested in permaculture, biodiversity, peak oil and transition. Mean while I have two teenagers, one that I'm a carer for and my hubby is just as involved but away during the day doing the main job that pays the mortgage.

Thanks

Bethpotters

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Hi new here.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 10:23:44 am »
Hi there Bethlotters :wave: and welcome from North Cumbria
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 10:39:15 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum. It sounds as if you are a busy lady Beth.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:48:08 am »
Hi and welome to TAS from a fellow permaculture enthusiast. Whereabouts in Aberdeenshire are you? We are up near Huntly.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Bethpotters

• Joined Apr 2016
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 12:14:04 pm »
Hi, I'm outside insch. Are you T o' N? ?

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 12:51:59 pm »
No I'm the Keith side
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 02:54:23 pm »
Hello from  :sunshine: Carnoustie!

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 05:59:26 pm »
Welcome to TAS  :wave:

From t'other end of the country  :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 11:57:16 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from  :sunshine: Shropshire (somewhere in the middle). I have pure Saanens.  :goat: :goat:

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 10:31:10 am »
Hi and welcome from a sunny mid/south Wales, opposite end of the country. It sounds like you're rather a busy bee atm. Heres wishing you all the best with everything, it all sounds very exciting :excited:
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 11:42:15 am »
Hiya from the other end!
You might like this blog - permaculture in the Scottish climate https://scottishforestgarden.wordpress.com/

:gloomy:

Bethpotters

• Joined Apr 2016
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 03:13:30 pm »
Fab thanks, I'll have a good nosey?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS