Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vehicle storage on agricultural land  (Read 8877 times)

pottybird

• Joined Apr 2016
Vehicle storage on agricultural land
« on: April 18, 2016, 01:24:52 pm »
I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this..maybe someone here knows? My neighbour put up a field shelter last year in a field adjoining ours. He has never had livestock in there but has used it for storing his landrover, trailer, wood and a J.C.B. We recently had a falling out over an access issue that he lost, and, within days I found 250 withies planted at the bottom of my garden bordering the stream and now his J.C.B. is parked right up against my fence blocking my view. I expect it will remain there for the foreseeable future as he never uses it. It's the storing / parking of vehicles permitted on agricultural land?

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Vehicle storage on agricultural land
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 09:52:13 pm »
Absolutely nothing you can do about it I'm afraid.

He has every right to park his equipment on his land and plant whatever he likes on his side of the boundary as long as its not on the banned list.  Just as you are on your land, its one of the joys of ownership.

That said - its obvious what he is doing and must be a 'pita' - but its upto you if you want to play the tit4tat game for the rest of your life.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS