Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New pygmy goat owner  (Read 2383 times)

BenHunt1985

• Joined Apr 2016
New pygmy goat owner
« on: April 17, 2016, 09:30:55 am »
Good morning. My names is Ben, me my wife and our 5 children live in a small village in Derbyshire. 8 days ago I came home with two 12 week old wether pygmy goats. Lovely little boys. One is a bit smallwe than the other and he is also a little bit more timid...

I'm one of those people who doesn't have a lot of money but has the dreams of someone who is loaded.

I would love a small holding with a small heard of pygmys, a nice big pond with ducks on, a couple of pigs and some miniature donkeys and a fantastic aviary.

This isn't ever going to happen with my wage in an ex council house living in this village hahaha.  But I can dream!

I've joined this forum because I need a bit of guidance with my goats and guidance on (hopefully) growing veg and salad stuff in pots and planters or anything anyone can suggest that doesn't involve the ground and becoming goat food.

I look forward to posting and reading posts.

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
Re: New pygmy goat owner
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 08:10:09 pm »
Hi from Aberdeenshire! Good luck with your quest to grow veggies with goats around - I've been trying for the past 20 odd years with varying degrees of goaty devastation!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 10:26:16 pm »
 :wave: from Shropshire. My goats live in my garden as well but they have their own  enclosure and shed so can't get to the veg unless someone leaves the gate open.

Are you bottle feeding them? They're a bit young to have left their mum.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 06:59:10 am »
Hello and welcome from Devon. Good luck with your garden and enjoy your little goats!

DODx

• Joined May 2016
  • South lanarkshire
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 03:18:43 pm »
Hi I'm from south lanarkshire. Whethers are the sweetest! My boy is a bundle of joy, wish I could say the same for my wee witch but lover her all the same hope they bring you all the happiness in the world  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS