Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: RIP Cleo  (Read 3800 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
RIP Cleo
« on: March 31, 2016, 12:54:51 pm »
My cat, Cleo, has just been PTS after 13 happy years with us. She had been going downhill for a week and hadn't eaten and drunk hardly anything. Vet said she was very dehydrated (not surprisingly) and her temperature was only 35. Vet suggested Cleo could be put her on a drip to help rehydrate her but thought she may have kidney problems anyway .

Rather than subject her to a load of uncomfortable treatments I felt it was time for her to go.

They gave her an injection to make her sleepy first and we cuddled her whilst it took effect. She was completely unaware of the final injection.

Her litter and bowls still need to be cleared out but I can't face doing that at the moment.

RIP Cleo
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
Re: RIP Cleo
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:40:35 pm »
So sorry Bionic  :hug: its never easy to say goodbye but you did what was best for her.
Just take strength from the lovely memorys you have of her, always in your heart  :love:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 02:30:12 pm »
 :bouquet:

It's never an easy decision with an older cat.  I let Jacob go, at 15 years old, in similar circumstances.  There's still a Jacob-sized hole in my heart.  Thinking of you  :hug:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 02:33:21 pm »
Although I had Cleo for 13 years she had come from the RSPCA.

She had been dumped after having a litter of kittens. All the kittens had been taken but no one wanted a black adult cat.

They thought she was probably about 18 months old so in fact not far off 15 years old in total.

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 02:39:07 pm »
awwww I am so sorry to hear that bionic, it is never easy having to have a pet put to sleep. I had to have one of my dogs put to sleep, nearly 4 years ago now, and it was so upsetting, especially as he was only 11. They do always stay in our hearts forever. It sounds like she had a very happy and full life with you.  :hug:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 02:42:36 pm »

:hug:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 03:34:17 pm »

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 04:57:11 pm »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 07:47:57 pm »
RIP Cleo - you did two good things for her - gave her a loving home and a peaceful end. That's all we can do for them  :hug:

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 03:46:15 pm »
 :bouquet:

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS