Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Blimmin' cat!  (Read 5013 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Re: Blimmin' cat!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 09:58:58 am »
I have a feisty scots grey if you want him?
he does a good running kick... :roflanim:

gracy

• Joined Jun 2014
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 10:23:57 pm »
We trained our cat to a lead..... I'm not talking going for walks like lassy mind.
we have a washing line tied between 2 concrete posts with one of those extendible leads tied to it with a garden tie. just tight enough so it slides nicely but doesn't jerk. we put the cat in a harness and clip it to the extender lead.

She goes hunting for frogs, rolls in the sand does every thing a cat normally does but cant get close enough to the chickens to do them any harm.

Took about a month of sitting out with her in harness an hour a day just to monitor de-tangle etc. before she learnt what can and cant be done. 

MUST use harness though NOT clipped straight to collar. Clip the lead straight to the collar the cat will escape or worse break its neck. The worst that will happen if she forgets she is on a harness and dashes headlong after something is a server winding. She'll suddenly find her horizontal momentum has become vertical preform a quick bit of acrobatics and if she is anything like my cat will sneak a peek to see if she can see you. EVERY time this has happened when I'm in the garden or the field there have be melodramatics but when I've been spying from the study window she simply picks her self up turns and scrapes the dust as if she was covering up a poo and sulks in a sunny spot for a few minuets.

It's been a year on the lead now and the cat loves it she will come running from the remotest corners of the house if you shout "walkies", she even brings me her harness and leaves it by the back door accusingly if i have been out for the day and haven't given her a "walk"

Hevxxx99

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 02:45:37 pm »
I hope to have solved my problem by tomorrow: I'm getting a Jersey Giant cockerel tonight!  :excited:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 05:30:59 pm »
I'm going to have to do something serious! She came home with a pheasant last night!  :o

We had a cat who regularly brought home Koi Carp. Couldn't find out where he got them from but tied one around his neck (my dad's trick) until it was stinking. That stopped him. A pheasant hunting cat though would be welcome!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS