Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: peafowl  (Read 4757 times)

Buckguyz

• Joined Mar 2016
peafowl
« on: March 01, 2016, 05:31:55 pm »
I am just about to collect a pair of peafowl and wondered what the best food is to feed them on, i have read about game bird mix but can not find a supplier, can anyone recommend the food and a supplier ?

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: peafowl
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 10:05:20 pm »
Either turkey or pheasant feed  is suitable if they are kept in a run. You should be able to get it from any agricultural feed store. They also appreciate any greens. They will even eat nettles. As a treat they adore mealworms.

Mine are free range as they were hatched here so don't go far, just wander round my garden, and the neighbours'. They therefore find their own insects and greens and are quite happy with wild bird seed or wheat.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 10:09:09 pm »
Ours steal layers pellets and wheat from the hens. They also get a handful of peanuts each, every evening. They love those, and will queue up for them at dusk!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Cuthellclan

• Joined Aug 2016
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:49:34 pm »
Hi...looking for a peacock ?....Do you have any for sale or free to good home....or would you know where I could source one ?...Our peacock for 10 yrs recently died and our peahen is lonely...Regards John

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 03:19:36 pm »
 I have some for sale - either black shouldered or speckle backed - £50 each.
 I also have a trio of yearlings that go everywhere together - one hen and 2 cocks (different colours)- again £50 each.
 We live near Goole in E yorkshire
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS