Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Has anyone ever tried to make their own herbal tea?  (Read 27736 times)

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: Has anyone ever tried to make their own herbal tea?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 12:29:17 pm »
Lime flower tea is another easy traditional option, Or you could just grow camelia sinesis in a lot of the UK

SabineLove33

• Joined Sep 2020
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2020, 11:10:46 am »
I love herbal tea and I love the ideas here.

It is so easy to collect plants, dry them and pure hot water over them to make tea out of it.  A tea strainer helps to keep the herbs out of the part of the tea you want to drink.

I wanna bring in my own favorite for herbal tea:
What I really love to add is Stevia. It makes the tee sweet and tasty. No honey or sugar is needed than.
If you make tea out of stevia and peppermint in summer, let it cool down. Fill it up with lemons, limes and Ice cubes. Your own amazing herbal Ice tea will be the result.

Kids love it and me as well.  :yum:

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 10:35:01 pm »
Lemon balm. Grows like a weed so best to keep it in a large pot. Pick a handful of leaves, put them in a teapot, pour over boiling water, leave for five minutes.
Result - lovely refreshing lemon tea. Better than coffee at the end of a meal.

Lemon balm is a perennial so you are never without it. :) [size=78%] [/size]

SabineLove33

• Joined Sep 2020
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 06:18:54 am »
I have made nettle tee from dried nettle leaves. It is suppose to be good if you have gout. But since you are supposed to use the young leaves you can't always get it fresh. In this article I read some interesting things regarding nettles. Here is the link if you are interested (it is in German but you can easily translate it with the google translation tool): https://www.botanikmeister.de/brennessel-test/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS