Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Equestrian Rubber Chippings  (Read 2826 times)

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
Equestrian Rubber Chippings
« on: February 28, 2016, 12:16:29 pm »
The stables that we are adapting into a goat shed are next to a small horse menage that has a rubber chipping surface.  This menage will be the main field for the goats (when I eventually get them).

Should I rake all the chippings up?  I'm wondering if goats would try to eat the rubber or if it would damage their feet or something that I haven't considered?  I assume it's sand underneath.

If I rake up all this rubber, can you suggest another use for it?  I'll have tonnes which I don't want to send to landfill.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Equestrian Rubber Chippings
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 12:42:35 pm »
Isla, I can't help with advice on the effect with goats but think that there must be people out there who would love the surface.

Do you have freecycle or something similar up there? You could advertise it and hopefully someone would collect.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

adamhfc

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 01:39:18 pm »
I would advertise it you will problely get people who would want it and they could rack it up there self's I know I would if closer safe you a job

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 01:53:54 pm »
Thanks all!

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 10:02:36 pm »
Hello,

wondered if you still have these chip pings and what you want for them please?

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 10:33:47 am »
Had my goats a few months now.  They ignore the rubber chipping.  Sometimes they lie on them, but they usually just hang out on the concrete area.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 04:27:05 pm »
Did you put the rubber chippings for sale on Gumtree.I am sure someone would want them.

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 12:50:25 pm »
Going to keep them, I think.  If I move/sell/give away the chippings I guess I'll be left with a muddy or sandy enclosure.  The goats, dogs and hens all seem to like the rubber.  Plus the goats still have a good bit of concrete right next to their stable.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS