Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goat issues  (Read 1447 times)

scj white

• Joined Mar 2015
Goat issues
« on: February 14, 2016, 02:54:51 am »
Hi guys
I have 5 shrophire sheep which I have for managing grass on a 5 acre site. In a neighboring field a variety of horses goats and somtimes sheep are in residence owned by people who have attracted the attention of the RSPCA and other regularity bodies.
There current group of animals  including very young goat's are finding ways onto my site and I am worried about diseases and general damage. What can I do if anything to prevent or discourage these animals. The people have threatned to put nasty cows onto the site if they get reported for animal welfare issues again.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Re: Goat issues
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 09:51:24 am »
Hi :wave:

I feel you frustration, neighbours  :rant:,,

How about electric fencing?
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Goat issues
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 10:08:41 am »
I would do a very thorough check of your fencing to see where they are getting through and repair any problems. A line of electric above any stock fence will also put off any prone to jumping.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS