Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New cheeses  (Read 3467 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
New cheeses
« on: February 08, 2016, 04:16:07 pm »
So I have printed out some recipes to try with the buffalo milk. I am going to try and make camembert or brie with the buffalo milk and Caerphilly cheese too, which i have made before and was gorgeous. I am going to practice it with the buffalo milk and hopefully when my two sheep start producing milk I will make it out of their milk too and compare which milks are better, I think i can guess which one though. Isn't it all exciting though? Experimentation with different foods is what I love best, can't wait :excited: :excited: :excited: After this what cheeses shall I try and make? I was also thinking of making Pecorino with the sheep's milk, all of this would be exclusively for home consumption of course. When the units are running and signed off I will be making our exclusive buffalo cheddar and mozzarella for selling to the public. Exciting times ahead :excited: :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Quirkygirl

• Joined May 2015
  • Cwmbran, Wales
Re: New cheeses
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 04:26:02 pm »
You will have to keep us all updated on how it goes.. :fc: :fc:

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 05:50:24 pm »
Sounds fantastic wbf. Keep us posted :excited:

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 05:57:15 pm »
I had some success with a recent attempt at goat-milk-haloumi. Also there are lots of good feta recipes out there which are fairly straightforward. I've never had any luck with brie/camembert so would be interested to hear how yours works out and see if I can pick up any tips.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 06:20:42 pm »
Do you guys make much mozzarella wbf. It's my favourite cheese.? 

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 06:44:51 pm »
Do you guys make much mozzarella wbf. It's my favourite cheese.?
We have done practice runs, for home consumption only; However once the units on farm have been signed off we will be making mozzarella and selling it. It should be ready (all being well) by the mid-end of the year. I will let everyone know when it is ready. :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS