Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Crofting Commission - positive experiences  (Read 2322 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Crofting Commission - positive experiences
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:03:21 am »
Does anyone have any, or know anyone who has had any? I only seem to hear negative ones

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: Crofting Commission - positive experiences
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 01:17:54 pm »
From my recent experience, they are starting to get on top of things especially crofts that are not being crofted and absentee crofters.

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 06:02:25 pm »
Yes - I rang them on Friday to find out roughly how long it was going to take for the transfer of the two crofts I'm buying to go through, as I have a roofer who wants to start in March.  The lady I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful, she found the paperwork, told me what stage in the system it was at and when she heard the reason I was asking about timelines, said that as long as the maps were considered good enough (which I hope they will be, as the application was done by the executor's solicitor) she'd do her best to give it a wee bump through for me (the answer to my question was 3 months, which meant I wouldn't get the keys until the end of April).  Apparently once the first registrations go off to the Registers of Scotland, it's only a week to wait, the delay is within the Commission itself, but they are getting on top of it. 

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 06:29:27 am »
I don't remember anything about either when we bought the croft or when I decrofted the house site which means everything must have been smooth and painless.

The only other interaction I have had with them was to try and find out who had rights to the common grazings, unfortunately they didn't know but were very helpful in searching their records to try and find out.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS