Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wonderwool Wales  (Read 7025 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Wonderwool Wales
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 11:58:41 pm »
I'm all in favour of recycling. When I lived in a rural area, if we went out for a couple of hours and, on the way back, saw a road kill rabbit by the side of the road, it was picked up and taken home for tea. Any longer than a couple of hours and we left it for the birds.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 06:11:34 am »
They definitely aren't farmed here. We we to a possum tanning factory yesterday and were told they possums are considered as vermin. They have no predators and eat lots of crops so they are trapped and their skins used. Apparently you can only pluck the fur for spinning whilst the body is still warm.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 12:45:49 am »
A bit like plucking poultry then.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 08:09:17 pm »
Well we've just had a meeting today to organise things for selling at Wonderwool so as well as kidding, lambing and all the other things I normally fit in I'll be busy the next few weeks sorting and washing mohair.
I'm giving up sleeping for lent!

Find us on stand N6
A CRAFTY GOAT CLUB

I hope you'll all come and say hello and hopefully buy fleece, washed locks, dyed mohair, skeins of hand spun yarn and finished craft work. :wave:

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 09:26:36 pm »
I shall add you to my ever increasing shopping list! Some mohair to add all my other things for spinning will be ideal!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 11:22:15 pm »
Where is it going to be held?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 12:28:01 am »
It's at the Royal Welsh Showground, Builth Wells, so not far from you, WBF. Will you be going?

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 06:46:43 am »
It's time you got hooked on fibre crafts I reckon, WBF. ;)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 08:41:37 am »
Maybe ;) I'll try and see, but i am rather busy for the next couple of months; I can barely fit in a family get together for next month :roflanim:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2016, 12:58:56 am »
You've got until April to get everything done and out the way.  :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS