Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Paperwork for visiting a billy  (Read 1349 times)

mariegold

• Joined Jan 2013
Paperwork for visiting a billy
« on: January 27, 2016, 10:18:08 am »
Oh dear! I took my girls to be mated with a billy back in October and I completed a movement form on the arams website.

I thought it was fine to take them there and bring them back the same day! But now I realise that they should have stayed there for 6 days and in a defra approved holding area???

The lady I took them to has been keeping goats for 30+ years and didn't mention this to me. I don't think she filled in a movement form for the journey back (I'm guessing I cant do this bit as they came off her holding?)

I feel like iv made a big woopsy! 

We are hoping to move to a new area later this year and obviously the goats will be coming with us. But will alarms bells ring at DEFRA when I do a new movement form to our new holding?

Sorry if that all sounds a bit garbled! Any thoughts any one? Should I fess up to defra now?

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: Paperwork for visiting a billy
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:21:05 am »
At the moment defra will think the goats are at the billy keepers holding.  Give them a call, come clean and you'll be surprised how accommodating they will be.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: Paperwork for visiting a billy
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:09:06 am »
Yep come clean with the truth,  they are not dragons.  The fact you are flagging it up will go massively in your favour.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS