Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: work, work, work  (Read 2067 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
work, work, work
« on: January 14, 2016, 12:35:03 am »
2015 was busyish for calf rearing; however I have calculated from my buffalo diary that this year I will only have 2 weeks free in which I won't have to rear any calves at all, that's before they start coming thick and fast. Any suggestions with what I should do with 2 weeks free? I was thinking a nice short break, somewhere nice  :) are there any livestock sales/shows in Feb?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:36:44 am by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Re: work, work, work
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 09:59:29 am »
sleep?

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 04:05:28 pm »
Nah sleeps not a problem, having said that it would be a good idea. I have 30 calves due over the next 4 months, so it will be all go, until September that is. ::)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:21:54 pm »
30 calves in the next 4 months?
That's only one every 4 days so working one day in 4 doesn't sound particularly arduous. :innocent: . And if you get 2 or more born on the same day you could easily get a week or more off between births.  :idea:
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS