Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: new member  (Read 1193 times)

graham hardie

• Joined Jan 2016
« on: January 01, 2016, 09:54:39 pm »
Hi all I have a small allotment in west Cumbria I haveh ad it 15 months,last year I grew mainly potatoes which for my first time were not to bad this year I will be growing a lot more vegetables,I also have 3 rir and a rir cockeral,3black rocks ,2 barred Plymouth rocks and 1 bluebell first half of the year was a bit slow for eggs from June to October was really productive any advice on planting and growing will b more than welcome ,I intend to breed the hens this year so if anyone is after pol drop me a line see if we can sort something out thanks Graham

cans

• Joined May 2013
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 04:03:04 pm »
Hi and welcome,  :wave:
there is nothing quite like eating your own home grown produce  :carrot: :tomato: :peas: :spud: :rasp:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:41:04 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum Graham  :wave:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

walter

• Joined Jan 2016
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 10:46:46 pm »
just joined!
security question was what colour are oranges? i put in "green". has anyone seen oranges growing? they are green! the computer does not know that!
wanted to answer a question on heat pumps. i have heated my house for almost fifty years with underfloor  heating by heat pump! house was a free church school, before the educatiion act. bare earth floor. primative?
i layed hundreds of empty bottles, as basic insulation to the floor, then "styrofoam", then concreet, then sweedish "wirsbo" pipes, then more concreete! could not get a british pipe with "agrimont?" certificate at that time!
working well, but on my fourth pump!
am in kintyre, south west scotland.
have an acre of garden. pride myself on earliest potatoes. use seaweed to grow them in! just like the original "jersy royals"

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS