Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cheese making  (Read 8184 times)

Quirkygirl

• Joined May 2015
  • Cwmbran, Wales
Re: Cheese making
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 10:36:36 am »
You lot are making cheese sound so scary lol   :roflanim: :roflanim: :rant: :rant: :idea: :idea:

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 09:41:54 am »
I went to a cheese making class locally with a tutor from a cheese making farm in Portugal.

We went over several nights to make our cheeses and it was really good fun. Our cheeses were matured in the caves at Brantwood near the shores of Coniston Water. A couple of people had places in their houses and they matured them at home.

When it was ready we had a cheese evening. The cheeses varied but they tasted very good. I'd love to do it again but the beauty of the course was that the tutor brought all the equipment with him.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 12:38:00 pm »
There is a lady, a professor of cheesemaking I think, who held courses in manchester and london a few years back and she was teaching people to make mozzarella and stuff like that, very interesting, but cost a fortune to do!
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS