Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: soap making?  (Read 17819 times)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
Re: soap making?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 08:08:00 pm »
check out Lildl for silicone moulds, they usually are in and sold very quickly or there is good old flea-bay

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 11:42:24 pm »
They are recipies for cheese made out of whey. Personally- I don't like the cheese they make much, but my mum loves it.

Beth

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2010, 08:56:29 am »
we made whey pancakes last night and the children loved them!! a good use for whey!

the shop up the road has tryed, and liked, my soap (woo hoo!!!) and want to sell it so I've started to try and get certificated (or certified Tony reckons  ::)  ) but everywhere wants to charge about £150!!  am researching this further because my theory here is, there is no point being married to a health and safety consultant and then forking out for a health and safety assessment - maybe one of his colleagues could do it? I know he couldtn' because of it being of monetary gain etc (ie. the soap will make profit for us and he could be accused of fiddling?)
anyhoo - just thought I'd update!!

ps anyone done the certificate thingy for soap/cosmetic making? any tips?
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2010, 09:04:47 am »
Hey up plums H&SE Scourge of the land don't tell him I said so will you or he might come and get me at playtime ??? ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2010, 10:11:29 am »
 ;D  He'd probably agree with you to be honest!! he quit nursing to do this though after a colleague had a needlestick injury and contracted HIV as a result - I don't think he misses the NHS any more than I do! 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2010, 10:32:32 pm »
If you email the lady at Gamrie goat (google it), she would probably advise you, as she is running a one (wo)-man business with her soap and has got all the H&S stuff done. Not sure if its different in Scotland though, but wouldn't think so.

Would be intersted to know how it goes, I WILL make my own soap (as soon as .... the garden slows down, the pigs are gone, etc etc etc)

Anke

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2010, 06:56:13 am »
Mornin Anke.This is the trouble intit its all go now.The weeds and watering up are enough to keep one busy without all the other jobs that MUST be done never mind the ones you would like to get on with ;D ;D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 09:06:42 am »
I know - I was on slug patrol at daft O clock last night. don't want to use pellets because one of my black rocks climbs over the electric fence (!) and patrols the veg patch during the day bless her. Have only made one batch of soap because of the logisitcs of having to get the 4 girls all occupied with their dad for the time for safety. will have a word with that lady Anke thanks x

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 09:41:49 am »
Bloody L Lisa :D not as a swear word. Thats agen is Anke a girl Oh dearie me.Sorry Anke I quite honestly thought you were a fella :-[ :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS