Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: araucanian pine seedlings for sale.  (Read 3934 times)

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
araucanian pine seedlings for sale.
« on: December 11, 2015, 07:17:38 pm »
I have germinated some araucanian pine seedlings and was not expecting so many to work. I have a large number of araucanian pine seedlings for sale. I'm in the Scottish borders. The seedlings are roughly 15cm tall and have started to branch out at the top.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: araucanian pine seedlings for sale.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 10:34:40 pm »
I've got about 30 five year olds that I'm planning to plant out on one of my slopes this winter in the hope of living long enough for the edible seeds. I've lost a  few over that time since they don't like transplanting as bigger pots were needed. If you have the room and want to plan for the future seed and timber and both super.

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 01:14:40 pm »
I only have a few left now. Here is a pic of the smallest ones.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 01:38:40 pm »
I wish I was closer as I'd love these  :(
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 02:48:40 pm »
I can post them to you.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 12:12:52 am »
Well I purchased several of th monkey puzzle plants of Thomas . he sent them well packed in damp tissue and newspaper.  Each one in its own plastic bag .

He sent them on a Monday so they would not get held up in the weekend post . I got mine on the Thursday .
 Now a month or so later I'm pleased to report that all the plants plus the couple of spare that he sent are potted up in  3 litre pots of my own home made  soil less growth medium and are doing very well in the unheated glasshouse.  Before I actually potted the plants in the filled plant pots  I dropped a teaspoonful of the beneficial Mycrozial fungi ( spelling ? ) granules in the plant hole to get them growing strong root balls . Meanwhile they are / will be  kept just ever so slightly damp .
They got a vine weevil killer spraying today along with some of the slow release Miracle Growth artificial fertilizer balls

Once the end of February arrives they will be going outside to stand  by a North facing wall for a wee while till they start to develop the side branches ..
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 10:38:54 am »
Glad to hear they are doing well.
Just a note to say that if anybody is wanting any I have very little left as I've only a few plants left. I have gone down from 30 to a handful. Good luck to everybody who has purchased them.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 08:02:23 am »
Hello, do you have any left (guessing I'm far too late..?)

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 03:37:33 pm »
Hi yes I do have some left if you would like to message me I can discuss it with you then steph

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS