Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What to buy the man who has everything  (Read 7240 times)

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
Re: What to buy the man who has everything
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 09:30:50 pm »
Remember men are in general different from women in that they're fine with useful, practical gifts. If a man needs a new vacuum cleaner, he'll be delighted to receive one for Christmas.

Try doing that with a woman though........ (please don't ask me how I know ;-))

My ex-husband bought me a vacuum cleaner once.

Two years ago, BH offered to buy the new vacuum cleaner as my Christmas present.   :rant:   

So I paid for it.   :thinking:   :tired: :dunce:

My ex husband bought me an ironing board one year and a laundry basket the next. I divorced him before the next Christmas  :relief:

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 10:38:47 pm »
If you are looking at experience days I can recommend highly a day out JCB racing.  My OH was bought one and absolutely loved it!  Toys for boys!

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 04:23:38 pm »
Buy him another pig. No one could complain about getting another pig. Or a goat.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 04:40:15 pm »
if you have everything you need then why not donate, the easiest one online is Oxfam , and you get a card saying what your donation was for...

One year I bought some bees for Africa. Love the idea that someone else can get a leg up.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 04:55:12 pm »
How about one of those little weather stations that sit on a pole in the farmyard and have a small screen inside the house - that way he can bore everyone rigid telling them what the current windspeed in.

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 05:18:31 pm »
Penicillin.[size=78%] [/size]
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 05:53:17 pm »
What to buy the man who has everything…Nothing… joking aside, we don't buy presses for each other, we just buy something for the farm, or an extra animal….but i did buy H a nice new pitch fork for her birthday, and a we both had new wells for our anniversary….. ;D

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 06:12:06 pm »
For Valentines I once bought my other half a horse drawn carriage ride followed by lunch, course I went too. I didn't tell him what it was, just how to dress and then drove to the pick up point in Cartmel. He had no idea and whilst we were waiting a helicopter flew over. The carriage duly arrived and his first words once we were on board were "Thank god. I was not getting in a helicopter".

Cheviot

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Scottish Borders, north of Moffat
    • Hawkshaw Sheep yarn
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 06:51:39 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for the ideas, there are some that really do fit the bill, I'm liking the carriage driving, just need to find something not too far from home.
Fleecewife yours was a great idea, don't know how I didn't think of that myself, although it will probably have to be for next Christmas as I think time is against me this year.
The idea to donate to a charity will probably be his gift to me, as I'm just told to go and buy myself something for Christmas.
Thanks again for taking the time to give me ideas.
Sue
Cheviot, Shetland and Hebridean sheep.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2015, 07:22:38 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for the ideas, there are some that really do fit the bill, I'm liking the carriage driving, just need to find something not too far from home.

You should be able to find somewhere from this link http://www.britishdrivingsociety.co.uk/scotland/Area%20Commissioners.html
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 12:22:01 am »
I once saw an advert for 'the gift for the man who has everything'. It was a sheepskin disc described as a 'belly button warmer'.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 07:51:34 am »
I asked my OH and he said a box to put it all in.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2015, 09:43:58 am »
A large bag of relaxing peace and quiet, maybe a couple of days worth .

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015, 03:35:58 pm »
A horse. He will be back to having nothing in no time!

Cheviot

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Scottish Borders, north of Moffat
    • Hawkshaw Sheep yarn
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2015, 09:02:50 pm »
Hi,
No more horses here thanks, there are 16 of them running out on our hill at the moment  :-\
Cheviot, Shetland and Hebridean sheep.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS