Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: she must have gone blind!  (Read 2057 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
she must have gone blind!
« on: November 13, 2015, 09:29:02 pm »
quite suddenly our old lady seems to have gone blind! I noticed because she seems to find her way around the house by other senses, like her food bowl by smell and the radiator by warmth and memory. She doesn't jump any more and needs to be lifted up or down the chairs...she turned a bit into a health hazard by walking in between our feet a lot....It's so sad to watch but not yet a reason to end it I think  :cat:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: she must have gone blind!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:09:01 pm »
When I was a child, we had a blind queen who was the best ratter on the farm and produced litter after litter of kittens.  She started quite a dynasty, all with two extra thumbs!  Wonderful cat.  The farm guys called her Lydia and always looked out for her. I think she was maybe born blind, although it was before my time.  It shows though that a cat can live perfectly well while not being able to see, even when it happens in later life.
We have had several blind sheep over the years, only one of which was actually born blind.  They have all learnt to live perfectly normal lives, raising lambs etc.
So with a little time to adjust, but giving her just a bit more supervision with things like vehicles, she should be fine  :cat:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS